GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 13:35

Gmatbusters' Weekly Quant Quiz

Join here 

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

SMU - MiM Jan/July 2019 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: SMU - MiM Jan/July 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2018, 22:43
Hi all -

Firstly, congrats to all who got the admit! I just decided to apply for this MiM program for Jan'19 intake, so if ever I'll be submitting application in round 3 (deadline is Oct 31, 2018). Hope y'all can help me out with some questions.

1. Profile: 21y, Indian but raised in Philippines, BS Industrial Engineering in Philippines (Magna cum Laude honors), GMAT 660, 1.3 yr exp as Supply chain consultant at EY Philippines, 1 web startup, decent extras - do you think I'm a fit?

2. Any tips on the interview? are there questions to watch out for?

3 How long do they usually take to give offer, from the date of application? I'm asking cuz I have other offers which I need to reply to as well.

For the guys here, how do you think this MiM weighs against the MiM from NUS? Given NUS is cheaper what made you apply for SMU?

Any help on the questions would be much appreciated, Thanks and maybe I'll see you in SG! :)

Cheers,
Neelesh
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2018, 23:10
Hi Neelesh,

Thank You!

1)Regarding your profile , I think it is fairly decent to give it a shot. I am pretty confident that you would make it unless the program is full since you are applying in the third round.

2)The interview process is streamlined. There is a KIRA ( recorded interview) right after you submit your application followed by a skype interview.

KIRA consists of a set of random questions . They give you around 1-3 mins to answer the question. The time is also random. Can ask you anything from your favorite movie to explaining an expedition , etc.

SKYPE : Be genuine in justifying your credentials. They usually ask you about your work, why SMU ? , why Singapore ? a business case for you to give your inputs . They basically check if you are able to think on your feet!

3)It would take maximum 15 days for the whole process right after you submit the application.

4)NUS vs SMU
For starters, if you have an engineering degree, you will not be able to apply for MIM Nus. They require a bachelors in a management/business related course.
Comparing SMU and NUS, I would say that pertaining to Singapore both the colleges are at par if the management courses are concerned plus SMU has an additional 5 months internship period which is in anyway a benefit in itself.
NUS overall is a highly ranked institute in the world and is obviously more renowned to the outside world.
SMU has got a good reputation for its business school.

All the best :)

Ridhima
Intern
Intern
B
SMU - MiM Jan/July 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 Oct 2018, 22:37
R4GOYAL wrote:
Hi Neelesh,

Thank You!

1)Regarding your profile , I think it is fairly decent to give it a shot. I am pretty confident that you would make it unless the program is full since you are applying in the third round.

2)The interview process is streamlined. There is a KIRA ( recorded interview) right after you submit your application followed by a skype interview.

KIRA consists of a set of random questions . They give you around 1-3 mins to answer the question. The time is also random. Can ask you anything from your favorite movie to explaining an expedition , etc.

SKYPE : Be genuine in justifying your credentials. They usually ask you about your work, why SMU ? , why Singapore ? a business case for you to give your inputs . They basically check if you are able to think on your feet!

3)It would take maximum 15 days for the whole process right after you submit the application.

4)NUS vs SMU
For starters, if you have an engineering degree, you will not be able to apply for MIM Nus. They require a bachelors in a management/business related course.
Comparing SMU and NUS, I would say that pertaining to Singapore both the colleges are at par if the management courses are concerned plus SMU has an additional 5 months internship period which is in anyway a benefit in itself.
NUS overall is a highly ranked institute in the world and is obviously more renowned to the outside world.
SMU has got a good reputation for its business school.

All the best :)

Ridhima

Thanks Ridhima for the blazing fast reply! The information is really useful.

The internship part also attracted me to SMU, i think this would be a great experience.

Do you know also if there will be any term breaks in the middle? Or is this 18 months straight?

Will keep you posted if I pursue and get the offer. Thanks!

Originally posted by nlnvasnani on 17 Oct 2018, 00:03.
Last edited by nlnvasnani on 28 Oct 2018, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2018, 04:04
MiM Applicants: We have added this program to our school database so that prospective applicants can add it on their profiles as well as indicate current status of their app. Applicant stats and app status will reflect in the tables displayed on first post of this thread.

Good luck to all applicants. Don't forget to add this program to your profile.

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 22:39
Hi all,

Just got the offer for SMU MiM today :) Will be taking this week to decide which school to select. Will let you guys know if I choose SMU so I can be added to the whatsapp group and stuff.

Cheers,
Neelesh
Intern
Intern
SMU - MiM Jan/July 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 03:37
Hi guys,
Just got the offer letter for January 2019...please do add me in the what’s app group

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
SMU - MiM Jan/July 2019 Intake &nbs [#permalink] 08 Nov 2018, 03:37

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 46 posts ] 

SMU - MiM Jan/July 2019 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap