Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm in the same boat...taking the test on Friday. I figure I can focus on hard quant problems on M/T/W and take it easy on Friday. Then warm up with some hard Qs and head to the test center. I've been looking forward to test day for over a month but now the wait is killing me...it's going to be a LONG week. G'luck anonymous!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck to both of you. My test is next Saturday. I was going to do my last GMAT Prep CAT today, but just felt too burned out. So I am just surfing this forum, will try the CAT tomorrow morning.

I have crammed so hard over the past 2 months that I'm worried I'll have brain freeze when I go in to take the test. I've done well so far on practice tests but so much of what I've learned is either new to me or stuff I had forgotten years ago, that I'm not at all confident in my ability to remember it when I get into the test center.

I'm really hoping that this time next week I'll be posting good news! No matter how I do on the test, the learning experience this summer has been great, and this forum has been a great help. I think I'll stick around here even after I take the test. Love the intellectual stimulation!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'd review concepts that you have been having trouble with, maybe make some flash cards with the basic and relax a bit as well. You're brain is a muscle and you don't go out and ride a century the day before a time trial.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
schmegs + robin,

i hope we all can post good news next week! best of luck to you all.
i am trying to remain positive. but even if i don't hit my target i know i will score well enough for the masters programs i am looking into. my problem is i need a very high score once i am done with my masters for a PhD program; even second tier PhD programs have admission rates of <5% and ridiculous GMAT averages! so i would prefer not to ever have to take this test again!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
good luck anony.. my test is on 8/20 .. next monday and this wait is killing me .. this is gouing to be a long week ...
i'm planning to follow kryzak's approach. solve last 1/3 rd of OG all sections and review all the concepts. also planning to take couple of CATs and challenges this week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mine is on 16th. 15th is national holiday... so I got a nice day to cool off my brains. :-D

Re-taker - so studied only OG. Now skimming through my OG mistakes.

1. I'll only have a look at couple of tough problems on 15th.
2. I'll watch some movie or take time off to shop some apparel
3. Drink plenty of water on 15th.
4. Get some good sleep - will sleep early and will be up early as well on 16th
5. Take a cab to test center. I won't drive myself. Traffic can heat my brain up.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media &amp; Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
I look forward to seeing all the good scores from y'all!

Just remember, LET YOUR BRAIN REST for a few days before the test! Only review past mistakes, review concepts, and things like that one or two days before the test. Unless you're one of the rare individuals (i've read about a few of them here in the forums), don't take CATs within a few days of your test. Your brain will burn out. Relax, think positive, and KNOW that you have done all that you could do, and you are a superstar! you'll kick the tests butt, and it's only a game to you.

Positive attitude everyone! Can't wait till next week when I read about all the 700+ scores! ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
trahul4 wrote:
good luck anony.. my test is on 8/20 .. next monday and this wait is killing me .. this is gouing to be a long week ...
i'm planning to follow kryzak's approach. solve last 1/3 rd of OG all sections and review all the concepts. also planning to take couple of CATs and challenges this week.

good luck trahul!i can't believe how many people are gearing up for the GMAT in august.

ive already finished the OG's but and i have been going through my mistakes. good luck on the last 1/3. the problems get noticeably more time consuming... and there are some real tough ones in the bunch.
i am saving about 20 Q problems and 20 SC problems that i got wrong to redo Tuesday afternoon.

Fall07,

good luck as well!
very interesting idea (the cab ride)!!!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]