GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 03:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Software Engineer hoping to change career Accounting/Taxation/Auditing

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Software Engineer hoping to change career Accounting/Taxation/Auditing  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2015, 09:59

GMAT: 630 Q47 V30
Work Experience - 3.5 years
GPA: 3.5/4
Education(B.Tech(India) + Masters in Internet Technology and e-Commerce(UK)
Single mom aged 31
Have lived in 4 countries (born in Switzerland, brought up in India, done PG in UK and worked in Malaysia) - have done a bit of travelling, with an additional 8 countries

I had to take some time off from work to tend to my personal needs(delivery, child care, divorce) and this caused a huge impact in my career as I was not able to keep up with the ever advancing technologies in IT and so have lost interest in this field.

Is it too late to change my profession at this stage of my life?
Will I get any admissions at the top universities providing Accounting courses (St.Gallen, Schulich, Macquarie) with this profile ? Are there any chances to get scholarships?
Please help.
Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Software Engineer hoping to change career Accounting/Taxation/Auditing  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2015, 01:04
teens167 wrote:

GMAT: 630 Q47 V30
Work Experience - 3.5 years
GPA: 3.5/4
Education(B.Tech(India) + Masters in Internet Technology and e-Commerce(UK)
Single mom aged 31
Have lived in 4 countries (born in Switzerland, brought up in India, done PG in UK and worked in Malaysia) - have done a bit of travelling, with an additional 8 countries

I had to take some time off from work to tend to my personal needs(delivery, child care, divorce) and this caused a huge impact in my career as I was not able to keep up with the ever advancing technologies in IT and so have lost interest in this field.

Is it too late to change my profession at this stage of my life?
Will I get any admissions at the top universities providing Accounting courses (St.Gallen, Schulich, Macquarie) with this profile ? Are there any chances to get scholarships?
Please help.

Hello there!
Why would it be too late to change? Of course you can change! And then are many paths towards change. Doing a Masters in Accounting program of course, as you realize, is the best.

At this point the only question is: Is it better for you to apply now to schools with your current GMAT score? Or do you believe you have the potential to score even higher and it is worth a retake?
And that... only you can answer!

:)

Best,
Jon

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753

Intern
Intern
Re: Software Engineer hoping to change career Accounting/Taxation/Auditing  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 22:57
You can take professional degree from professional organization such as AIPB (American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers) or the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants). I just completed my AICPA a year ago and started my own business. For beginners accounting software like gnucash, xero or zipbooks is fine.

virtual Bookkeeping Services

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 23:01
It's never too late to continue the further studies. So if anyone wishes to learn the new skill with the already existing skill can do it anytime. As far as accounting is concerned it is the business necessity, so learning accounting and Taxation can give a boost to your career.

For More Details:- https://www.lbtc.co.uk/
Contact Us:
Seven Pancras Square, 7 King’s Boulevard, Kings Cross, London N1C 4AG, United Kingdom
Mail - contact@lbtc.co.uk
Phone No. +44 7886904658

Software Engineer hoping to change career Accounting/Taxation/Auditing

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap