GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2019, 06:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Spanish MBA for TMT (tech)

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

ESADE   IE   IESE   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Spanish MBA for TMT (tech)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 16:09
Interested in any perspectives. IESE, IE, and ESADE all are well regarded, but which is best for a goal to work in EU mid to large TECH companied or late stage startups. Not necessarily FAANG but solid companies or potential growth companies.

IESE
-generally top ranked out of the 3
-highest average/median pay
-best placement in MBB (strong program strength indicator)
-intense 2-3x a day case studies, unsure if a pro or con for tech recruiting and networking
-most expensive
-Barcelona

ESADE
-highest tech placement (almost 30%)
-Very well regarded in entrepreneurship/startup
-flexible internships and program length
-most affordable
-Barcelona (suburb)
Full business school - most alumni (undergrad)

IE
-Limited to lo options for internships
-Only a year
-strong placement and reputation
-located in a capital city (Madrid)

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Spanish MBA for TMT (tech)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Oct 2019, 17:56
Are you a career switcher or not? If you are brand new to tech, then you will benefit from a 2-year program so you can do an internship and get 2 shots at recruiting. If you are familiar with Tech, 1- year program is probably the most efficient and fastest way there. It is intense but tech recruiting tends to be much more immediate as opposed to consulting that can have a lead time of 6 or even 9 months after offer. Tech is usually a few months as the companies are not willing to wait a lot time and so you could recruit in the spring for the summer/fall start.

I am not familiar with the specifics of tech recruiting at these 3 schools but these general principles stand across the board.

P.S. You want to pay attention at the employment reports to see where in terms of geography people are recruiting. I assumed you were talking about EU in my reply. Then I looked at your username and wondering if you are in EU or not... if you are not from EU, there will be some considerations for a work permit which makes recruiting always less fun and more complex. Usually the rule of thumb is that you want to go to school in the country/continent you are going to recruit.

Originally posted by bb on 23 Oct 2019, 17:53.
Last edited by bb on 23 Oct 2019, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.
clarification
Intern
Intern
Re: Spanish MBA for TMT (tech)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 05:19
bb wrote:
Are you a career switcher or not? If you are brand new to tech, then you will benefit from a 2-year program so you can do an internship and get 2 shots at recruiting. If you are familiar with Tech, 1- year program is probably the most efficient and fastest way there. It is intense but tech recruiting tends to be much more immediate as opposed to consulting that can have a lead time of 6 or even 9 months after offer. Tech is usually a few months as the companies are not willing to wait a lot time and so you could recruit in the spring for the summer/fall start.

I am not familiar with the specifics of tech recruiting at these 3 schools but these general principles stand across the board.

P.S. You want to pay attention at the employment reports to see where in terms of geography people are recruiting. I assumed you were talking about EU in my reply. Then I looked at your username and wondering if you are in EU or not... if you are not from EU, there will be some considerations for a work permit which makes recruiting always less fun and more complex. Usually the rule of thumb is that you want to go to school in the country/continent you are going to recruit.

Yes, dual EU. Definitely want a program that has full internship. Thanks.
ESADE School Moderator
B
Schools: ESADE '22 (A)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2019, 18:35
Not sure how valid this ranking is, but it is something to go off at least. ESADE pretty high

https://www.businessinsider.com/best-mb ... ty-stern-3

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 12:37
I don’t trust rankings at all. Look at their employment reports for TMT

ESADE School Moderator
B
Schools: ESADE '22 (A)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2019, 06:25
JohnJohnJ wrote:
I don’t trust rankings at all. Look at their employment reports for TMT

I would counter that employment reports are almost as flawed as rankings though. Both pull arbitrary data to make schools look better and do not tell the full story. There is no standard employment report especially internationally. Still I think employment reports (1) and rankings (2) are good reference points. Best data point is talking to recent grads who recruited, actual recruiters, or simple Linkden searches.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2019, 08:41
Employment reports for US schools are audited and validated by KPMG and there is a governing body that re-validated them. I agree that there isn’t a standard format, but there is enough information to help you make a smarter decision.

On the other hand, rankings used surveys and data that can’t be traced and validated. Like 3 years salary gain, etc. there is no traceability for it. How could little known schools in China be in the top 20 list of FT ranking?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Spanish MBA for TMT (tech)   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2019, 08:41

Spanish MBA for TMT (tech)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste