GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Nov 2019, 11:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

SPJIMR GMP

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
SPJIMR GMP  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 07:32
Please note SPJIMR GMP is completely DIFFERENT from SP Jain Global MBA(Singapore, Dubai, Australia)!

For more details on SPJIMR GMP, please visit GMP Overview | SPJIMR

Today, I had to decide between an IIM and the SPJIMR GMP Program(European Union funded MBA program. Part of the MBA is to be studied at SPJIMR, part of it is to be studied at the partner schools in Europe/US). The IIM, apart from its brand name, the wow factor and appreciation from the society, also comes with placements(avg package 16-17Lac) at the end of the program. Whereas SPJIMR GMP program will definitely not be appreciated by the neighbour aunty and moreover, it doesn’t have placement concept like the Indian B Schools. [However, please note SPJIMR GMP alumni are working at various organisations like Credit Suisse (Mumbai), Amazon EU (Luxembourg), Barclays (London), Rocket Internet (Berlin), Apple (California), Airbus Helicopters (Munich), ING (Amsterdam), Nissan Benelux (Antwerp) etc]

In spite of the lack of the placement concept, I have decided to go with the SPJIMR GMP program and I am absolutely confident about the decision. Because for me, the main reason I am pursuing an MBA program is to learn to be a better decision maker in the globalised world and not for taking up a high paying job(High paying jobs can be found in IT also, without an MBA). The kind of experience, exposure and learning that I will get through this program is unparalleled. Currently, one of my senior is doing a project with the CFO of the Sandoz pharmaceuticals, Amsterdam. He has also presented projects at Google, Zurich, Switzerland and United Nations, Copenhagen. No amount of money can buy the experience and learning we get from such activities.

Secondly, and more importantly, placements(jobs). Yes, of course, jobs are absolutely important considering the amount of investment I have done in pursuing the MBA. So, though GMP doesn’t have the concept of placements, I am biased towards it when it comes to placements. Because one of the main reasons I am pursuing MBA is that I want to move into project management or consulting. Unlike, Indian B Schools, where we have to take up the job we bag during the placement(it could be anything from data scientist to bank manager but it is not our choice), in Europe, we have the opportunity to find the job and roles we want. So I can be sure that I will end up with that dream job in Europe :) It does sound great, but I will have to struggle a bit, apply to multiple companies, and even be rejected sometimes before I get a job. But then again, bigger the dream, higher the price:). And, when it comes to placements, it is important to understand that except for India, none of the colleges in the world has the concept of placement. Whether it be Oxford or Yale!

Hope this helps!
Ask GMAT Experts Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: SPJIMR GMP  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 09:08
kurangi wrote:
Please note SPJIMR GMP is completely DIFFERENT from SP Jain Global MBA(Singapore, Dubai, Australia)!

For more details on SPJIMR GMP, please visit GMP Overview | SPJIMR

Today, I had to decide between an IIM and the SPJIMR GMP Program(European Union funded MBA program. Part of the MBA is to be studied at SPJIMR, part of it is to be studied at the partner schools in Europe/US). The IIM, apart from its brand name, the wow factor and appreciation from the society, also comes with placements(avg package 16-17Lac) at the end of the program. Whereas SPJIMR GMP program will definitely not be appreciated by the neighbour aunty and moreover, it doesn’t have placement concept like the Indian B Schools. [However, please note SPJIMR GMP alumni are working at various organisations like Credit Suisse (Mumbai), Amazon EU (Luxembourg), Barclays (London), Rocket Internet (Berlin), Apple (California), Airbus Helicopters (Munich), ING (Amsterdam), Nissan Benelux (Antwerp) etc]

In spite of the lack of the placement concept, I have decided to go with the SPJIMR GMP program and I am absolutely confident about the decision. Because for me, the main reason I am pursuing an MBA program is to learn to be a better decision maker in the globalised world and not for taking up a high paying job(High paying jobs can be found in IT also, without an MBA). The kind of experience, exposure and learning that I will get through this program is unparalleled. Currently, one of my senior is doing a project with the CFO of the Sandoz pharmaceuticals, Amsterdam. He has also presented projects at Google, Zurich, Switzerland and United Nations, Copenhagen. No amount of money can buy the experience and learning we get from such activities.

Secondly, and more importantly, placements(jobs). Yes, of course, jobs are absolutely important considering the amount of investment I have done in pursuing the MBA. So, though GMP doesn’t have the concept of placements, I am biased towards it when it comes to placements. Because one of the main reasons I am pursuing MBA is that I want to move into project management or consulting. Unlike, Indian B Schools, where we have to take up the job we bag during the placement(it could be anything from data scientist to bank manager but it is not our choice), in Europe, we have the opportunity to find the job and roles we want. So I can be sure that I will end up with that dream job in Europe :) It does sound great, but I will have to struggle a bit, apply to multiple companies, and even be rejected sometimes before I get a job. But then again, bigger the dream, higher the price:). And, when it comes to placements, it is important to understand that except for India, none of the colleges in the world has the concept of placement. Whether it be Oxford or Yale!

Hope this helps!

Hi
Congrats on your admit to IIM and SPJIMR GMP program.
Thanks for sharing the insight into SPJIMR.
All the best for the future.

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
V
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: SPJIMR GMP  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 09:44
At times i feel the placement thing works well in india than other countries :D. but that's about how we perceive opportunities
B
SPJIMR GMP  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2019, 14:35
Hi. Congrats for the admit.
Can you please share details about the course as well as their placements. Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
SPJIMR GMP   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2019, 14:35

SPJIMR GMP

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi