It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 13:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

SSE 2018 Intake Management vs Economics

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

SSE 2018 Intake Management vs Economics [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 20:30
Hi guys,

I really really like the K-A Bonnier Fellowship program (high school background in Singapore, always wanted to come back as I'm from the SEA area). But I feel my profile is better suited/ stronger for Applied Economics Analysis. I could modify my SOP to gear more towards Management/entrepreneurship but it's no way as strong as my economics SOP. Still, top choice is the Management program, so on my application form, if I say first choice Management and second choice Economics, would that seriously hurt my chances to get into both? Should I just keep Economics at the top/ just apply for Management, as the portal says that ideally you should only be applying to the program that you are most interested in.

Some background:
- GPA 3.83 in a top 50 liberal arts college in the US, major in Economics and Math
- GRE 167 Quant, 164 Verbal
- Multiple internships in Singapore, US and London, but all economic/econometrics-based
- Some leadership positions in colleges (made it to Exec of 2 organizations), decent volunteer
- Research assistant for Econ professor

Any help would be much, much appreciated as I'm trying to make the November deadline! Thanks for reading!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: SSE 2018 Intake Management vs Economics [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 09:11
Hey there,

Since you come from a business background, it not tough to pitch your profile as a management-oriented one.

Apart from your academic background, schools look for other experiences such as extra-curriculars, work-experience, courses pursued,etc. that showcase your interest in management.

You have an interesting profile with a good GPA and a competitive GRE Score.
Since you have pursued multiple international internships, it gives you a competitive advantage in terms of projecting yourself as a global leader. Make sure you highlight your learnings that you have gained through these experiences well in your application.
You have decent extra-curriculars and they will add to your application, if pitched properly.

I would suggest that if your are interested in MiM, keep management as your first option and economics as the second alternative.
Just give a valid motivation and clear short-term goal to support your interest in Management (these need to be clearly mentioned in the resume)

Dig deeper into your profile and bring out elements that highlight your interest in management.
Since you are targeting the November Deadline for your applications, an expert-push will help you differentiate your profile from your peers.
Check out our All-In-One Services to know more: http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 4

Re: SSE 2018 Intake Management vs Economics   [#permalink] 10 Nov 2017, 09:11

SSE 2018 Intake Management vs Economics

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap