It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 10:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

St. Gallen Application Experience

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [1], given: 0

St. Gallen Application Experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 11:58
This post received
KUDOS
St Gallen....as they say... History is Mystery specifically written in mountains....
St. Gallen js like tat.

Here is my intake ... for those who never gave GMAT or thought of going to one of best Management Institue in Alps with 8 to 10yrs of exp with no GMAT background...

My Experience for Application in St.Gallen

This is one the best college in mountains of Switzerland and has 600 visiting faculty and their specialty is in Strategies and Marketing. The course is 11 months long. Learning German while u get placement will be awesome to get feel of local language.
Application dead line starts with 1Oct, 1Dec, and goes up to Aug of every year.

Application process is simple where candidate needs to create account on their website and fill all the relevant details of education and job experience and any extra curricular activity.
then comes Essay and they ask generally about Long term and Short term goals and how St.Gallen can help you to achieve your long term goals and just in-case Plan A fails what are your plan B, just make sure you go with the flow of Essay.

Round 2 consist of Video interview, here you will be asked 6 question and prior to final video question you can practice N number of times for it but final interview question will be totally different, also practice more on time management you should make sure to summarize the whole thing before last 5 seconds.

General question(s) Sample:
1. if you would like to change one thing about society, then what it would be. (Time given 30 sec to prepare and 1 min to speak)
2. Have you ever faced biasing in your professional career, if yes then was it in favor of you or against you, and what you learned out of it. (45 sec to think and 1 min to speak).

Then there will be Round 3 where you will be asked general questions and given case study to solve and you'll have 90mins to prepare.

I chose St.Gallen Exam over GMAT/GRE any how its not easy but with St.Gallen test you only have to score good in Reasoning and Quant section. Verbal they don't care about as they judge it from how you speak in video interview.

Max cut OFF happen by end of Round 2 so make sure to have great hold of what u say and how you express your self (my suggestion don't over use hand gesture while you explain on any given topic).

Best thing they provide Education Loan up max of tuition fee.

Good luck

Exp:- 10yrs
Course year:- 2018
Admitted:- Yes
Interesting field:- Marketing
No Prevoius GMAT background
Joining:- Dilema ... HEC Paris/St Gallen/Promotion in new Job coz i told my Boss about St Gallen and HEC selection.
Thought of writing about ST Gallen:- as no body shared any Info on it.

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device

Last edited by Narenn on 06 Jan 2018, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Added tags

Kudos [?]: 5 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3957 [0], given: 2516

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: St. Gallen Application Experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 19:44
Thanks for outlining the application process in detail along with the tips for future applicants. Would really appreciate if you could tell us more about yourself: Your brief profile, post MBA goals, and what made you chose St. Gallen over other European programs.

All the best for your MBA journey at St. Gallen.

The Indian Male MBA Application Guide

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3957 [0], given: 2516

Expert Post
VP
VP
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 240 [0], given: 81

Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: St. Gallen Application Experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 15:30
Thanks Prabhat! Very helpful.

http://MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Kudos [?]: 240 [0], given: 81

Re: St. Gallen Application Experience   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2018, 15:30

St. Gallen Application Experience

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap