Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.25
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.25
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: St Gallen MBA vs IE MBA [#permalink]
StefItaly wrote:
Hi sab7a,

I now work in Project Finance in Italy and I plan to work in banking in a different department (I would say corporate finance to stay general) and country as well. The other option is to work within the luxury business leveraging my financial skills. What do you suggest? Thanks in advanced for your reply.

I know that you want to change countries but SDA Bocconi would be a great fit for you. Bocconi's global brand name and it's network will help you for sure to find a job outside Italy. You can aim for an internship outside Italy. You can do an international exchange. There is a track for Luxury Business. Plus it is in Milan.

Anyhow, I don't want to change your focus on this. But you should be clear on your 5 years post mba plan. Your application essays should be very specific on this.

If you want to work in Zurich, from a quick LinkedIn search, I found around ~500 IE graduates and ~2000 St Gallen graduates in Switzerland. Most of the ~2000 are Executive MBA graduates. St Gallen is well known for it's executive education. So St Gallen will be your best option to work in Switzerland

If your plan to work in Europe then IE will give you the brand name and network support you need in any European country or even in Dubai & Asia. I did the same LinkedIn search in Netherlands, I got 35 St Gallen graduates and ~200 IE graduates.

Switzerland is an international location. Wherever you graduate from it will come down to your network, personal skills and
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your reply. I know SDA Bocconi is a great school but I have studied there both for my bachelor and master of science, so I would avoid to get my Mba in the same school.
Regarding IE or St Gallen I understand that if I find a job in Switzerland, St Gallen is the best choice whereas if I want to work in Europe or Dubai, IE is maybe better (IE brand is appreciated also in London compared with St Gallen?)

Thanks,
S

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot