Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Starting My GMAT Journey - Target Date September [#permalink]
TargetGmatt wrote:
Hey, good to know ur progressing well, good luck with ur preps and keep updating ur progress!

Thanks! How is your prep going?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 422 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
hey guys!

Have anyone of you tried MGMAT free test? I took it yesterday. Scored 590 (Q43, V29).

I found it really tough. Let me know your opinion.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I took the free test as well, which is actually the first of the six free tests they give you when you buy one of the guides. I thought it was pretty hard; I got a 540 (30Q, 35V). But then again I think all the tests are hard so I may not be the best judge of that! lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ugh, just took MGMAT practice test #3, and scored 570 (35Q, 33V). That is the lowest score I have ever gotten on verbal. I think I definitely need to brush up on some key strategies in this area and practice them along with quant. I think I have been focusing so much on quant that I am rusty on verbal.

As far as quant goes, I scored the same as last time, and according to the breakdown, I answered a few 700-800 level questions correct. I think I feel a little more comfortable with how to answer quant questions. I am almost through with the MGMAT Algebra book and it doesn't seem to really tell me anything new. I think I might just move on to Word Translations. I should definitely go through my flash cards more often and try to cement these concepts in my head.

It's hard to focus on Verbal after exhausting my brain trying to solve the quant questions. I guess I just have to build up stamina by taking more tests?

My goal is to get at least a 40Q and at least a 44V. I think I can do the verbal, but quant is going to take a lot of practice...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey, I scopred the same on MGMAT prac test # 3, 570 (38, 30) :(.. the issue for me was mainly time mgt in quants, I wasn't able to complete the section on time and skipped 9 questions, this ruined my quant score. And on the verbal section, i made a lot of mistakes on RC and CR, even though i spent a lot of time carefully reading RC passages...i don't know why and what I'm doing wrong...

prep is going on but reallyyy slow, i need to buckle up and work hard now... :!:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Concentration: General
Schools:Columbia
Send PM
I'm hoping you mean V40, Q44? V44 is the top 1 percentile. If you're having difficulties with MGMAT verbal, that might be the slightest bit of a stretch within your given time constraints.

At 35 for Quant, I would suggest you STOP taking the MGMAT cats. The score indicates unfamiliarity with the core math fundamentals. Manhattan tests are a very useful tool for assessing your Quant proficiency as they are a great source of higher level math qtns and they are limited in number. Get your fundamentals up to a level where you are familiar with the various Quant question types, then take the CATs to assess your improvement. Make sure you can do mid-difficulty level (600-700 level) qtns in rates/ratio/geometry/algebra etc flawlessly and quickly before trying the stupidly difficult gmatclub or other 700-800 level qtns. You're not trying to improve from 48 to 50/51. You're trying to break 45 right now as an intermediate goal. Getting a 50 can wait till you reach that level first.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Openbox1 - Honestly, I am terrible at math. I don't think I can get a Q45. I do, however, think I can break V44. Good grammar comes naturally to me, and with practice, as well as becoming familiar with critical thinking techniques, I think it is doable. I don't think in a mathematical way...

...which brings me to the reason I am posting right now. Maybe an MBA is not right for me. If I can't look at a problem and automatically know the best way to solve it, what chance do I have? I definitely want a master's degree, and so much can be done with an MBA, but maybe I just don't possess the skills necessary to pull it off.

I have pretty much abandoned my studying. I don't think I've picked up a book in at least a month. I haven't completely given up hope, and maybe I'm posting so I can get some encouragement or positive reinforcement, but I'm very discouraged. I really hate the idea of wasting all that money on books, so I want to make the most of them. Luckily, the MGMAT practice center is available for a year, and I still have 9 months to use it. I'm not looking to get into the best school ever, honestly I don't belong there, but I do want a good score because it might help me get more financial aid.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts