GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Aug 2019, 04:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

STEM MS in the business area

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
STEM MS in the business area  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:33
Hello,
I wanted to apply for MBA program in the US firstly, but with my GMAT 630 I understood that I have no chance. So I decided that I can get the same benefits that are important for me (western business degree + experience of living and working in the US) from MS program. Moreover with my previous STEM degree (I have Master's in Computer Science) I can find STEM eligible program, and get the opportunity to work 3 years after graduation in US.
Now I'm looking for MS in Business Analytics, MS in Marketing (the most interesting for me), MS in Engineering Management (and variation like Manufacturing Management or Information System Management), and MS in Supply Chain management. But, I can not find a good web resource with a list of STEM business program.
Do anybody know such web sites?
I began to make a list but it is really complicated task because I have to check all universities in US, it means hundreds of universities.
thanks for all who answer.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance
Re: STEM MS in the business area  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 14:43
AndreyP wrote:
Hello,
I wanted to apply for MBA program in the US firstly, but with my GMAT 630 I understood that I have no chance. So I decided that I can get the same benefits that are important for me (western business degree + experience of living and working in the US) from MS program. Moreover with my previous STEM degree (I have Master's in Computer Science) I can find STEM eligible program, and get the opportunity to work 3 years after graduation in US.
Now I'm looking for MS in Business Analytics, MS in Marketing (the most interesting for me), MS in Engineering Management (and variation like Manufacturing Management or Information System Management), and MS in Supply Chain management. But, I can not find a good web resource with a list of STEM business program.
Do anybody know such web sites?
I began to make a list but it is really complicated task because I have to check all universities in US, it means hundreds of universities.
thanks for all who answer.

Hello AndreyP

To the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as list of STEM business programs.

However, you can check from official list of STEM programs which ones are business related :

https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files ... m-list.pdf

I can offer you some guidance for concentrations that are both STEM and Business so you can get a picture, such us (but not limited to ) :

Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia

Computer and Information Sciences

Artificial Intelligence

Information Technology

Informatics

Computer and Information Sciences

Computer Programming

Information Science

Computer Science

Data Modeling

Educational Statistics and Research Methods

Computer Engineering

Operations Research

Mathematics and Statistics

Financial Mathematics

Computational Science

Econometrics and Quantitative Economics

Management Science

Business Statistics

Actuarial Science

Management Science and Quantitative Methods

If MS programs/specialization you target from particular school falls in this category, it is a STEM.

Good Luck :geek: :cool:
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 02:46
Thanks for your answer, billionaire.
But the problem is that only the CIP code from that list can be confirmation of STEM eligibility but not just the name of the the program. And what is more interesting is that some universities say that their programs not included in official STEM list are eligible for STEM OPT extension. for example MS Marketing in Purdue University. So I hoped that it can be any resource that helps find master's degree with STEM filter.
Director
Director
D
Affiliations: IIT Dhanbad
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 05:45
This list is seriously required considering the current job scenario at US. Since STEM program gives 3 years of OPT, it will be beneficial in cost recovery of the MBA program. Many colleges are now coming up with MBA in data analytics. So we should target to find such courses in top colleges to get an advantage.

MBA Social Network : WebMaggu

Appreciate by Clicking +1 Kudos ( Lets be more generous friends.)

What I believe is : "Nothing is Impossible, Even Impossible says I'm Possible" : "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish".
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 09:36
Eventually I've made a spreadsheet with programs somehow connected with management, business, and technologies.
Typical names of programs are MS in Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, Technology Management, and Business Analytics. Additional benefit is lower tuition with good salary after graduation ranging from 84 to 120 k$. The question is where is cons?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2019, 01:24
Why don't you try UTD's Naveen jindal school of management in the US? They have MBA plus Ms programs in various concentrations. Check their website out https://jindal.utdallas.edu/

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2019, 01:26
wish you a very good luck.
Intern
Intern
B
STEM MS in the business area  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2019, 07:43
Abhi077 wrote:
MBA plus Ms programs

Thanks for your advise but I think that MBA + MS requires too big investments and the duration of such programs is two years.
UTD has good option MS Business Analytics and MS Information Technology Management. And it is good example that I'm concerned about.
Average salary for MSBA is higher than MSITM even though MSITM implies a management position.
Does it means that there is such a big need in business analysts in the US?
GMAT Club Bot
STEM MS in the business area   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2019, 07:43

STEM MS in the business area

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carcass, Mo2men