Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you Econgirl.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats, gidi!

Go party!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats gidi...... way to go
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats gidi...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thnx guys...I couldnt have done it without this board.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good job Gidi, congrats!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Can anyone tell me what is the Stern interview like? Do they go over the essays and application form, or they come up with case questions?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think someone said that they have reviewed your essays and app beforehand. I believe that usually interviews for other schools are blind. So that might change how you prepare.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mine was fairly straight forward, very relaxed conversation. Was interviewed by an adcom and a student in training. Both very friendly. Typical questions, why Stern, what can you contribute, a few team oriented questions as well. No real curveballs.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just got WL'd at Stern ! :( I thought I had a pretty strong application... and I put a fair bit of work and creativity into essay 3.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
just got waitlisted....any advice would be appreciated.

I know that nobody has a crystal ball, but if admit rate is roughly 25%...what would you suspect admit rate off waitlist averages each year? lower or higher?

Overall, I am a little bummed I know I could have killed an interview. This is my top choice and it feels like purgatory. I will be going to school next year. Just not sure how to manage this when I have acceptances from UNC & Wisconsin and NYU could drag into August. I am lucky to have a few choices locked up, but I really wanted this opportunity.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
The Stern interview is not blind. The interviewer will have read your application very thoroughly so be prepared to speak about every aspect of your application. Overall, I found it quite conversational. They set you up for success by pairing you up with an interviewer you have something in common with. My advice for you would be to relax, be yourself and let you personality shine. If you have got an interview invite, its more now about FIT.

HTH
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
yb wrote:
Just got WL'd at Stern ! :( I thought I had a pretty strong application... and I put a fair bit of work and creativity into essay 3.

Missed your chat ....

whats up with the WL man??? Coming from Elites, i suspect if the schools are playing a yield game ....

Any luck from M7???
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Excellent advices, thank you.

Everyone is telling me to calm down and the major part is over, but I can't keep my nerves steady. I know for sure that the interview is a major part of an application for NYU Stern, and I don't wanna bomb it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ozmba2006 wrote:
yb wrote:

Missed your chat ....

whats up with the WL man??? Coming from Elites, i suspect if the schools are playing a yield game ....

Any luck from M7???

No word yet, interviewed at CBS, Chicago, and Kellogg... hopefully something (anything) from them. As far as the Elites are concerned, WL'd at Yale (post-interview) and NYU. Will probably recieve a ding from Cornell, since I still havent received an interview invite.

Any luck on your end?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Weren't the NYU R2 decisions due on April 1? Has anyone heard anything? I don't even see my decision posted online. However, I did have a pretty late interview (just last week).
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Stern is weird, they say they will give "initial notification" by April 1, an initial notification can be (1) a ding (2) a wait listing or (3) an interview invite.

So that means if you are invited for an interview, the April 1 date becomes meaningless, because the invite serves as your "inital invitation." Once you have been interviewed your notification date then becomes "two to three weeks" after your interview.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7