GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 20:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Still lost with my preparation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Still lost with my preparation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 20:25
I have been preparing from last 2 months. I have covered a lot but sti find alot of problems while solving questions. It seems i am not able to pick the type of questions many a times. Please suggest me what should i do and how can i improve my learning as i am planning to give gmat in october.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
S
Premium Member
Re: Still lost with my preparation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 21:30
niks2290 wrote:
I have been preparing from last 2 months. I have covered a lot but sti find alot of problems while solving questions. It seems i am not able to pick the type of questions many a times. Please suggest me what should i do and how can i improve my learning as i am planning to give gmat in october.

Hi [b]niks2290 have you given any mock tests as of now?
[/b]
Intern
Intern
B
Still lost with my preparation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 16:00
Hi blueviper I am not getting the confidence to go for mock. I always feel that i am lacking my preparation specially when i solve topics like word problems and geometry

Manager
Manager
S
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 22:28
niks2290 wrote:
Hi blueviper I am not getting the confidence to go for mock. I always feel that i am lacking my preparation specially when i solve topics like word problems and geometry

Well, if your having trouble with the quant section, id suggest that you go through the manhattan guide books. They will refresh your quant skills.

And also, go for a mock. It will help you establish a baseline score, and you will be able to gauge how much and where exactly you need to improve to get to your target score.
Orion Director of Academics
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2018, 10:50
I'd definitely agree - go ahead and sit down and take a full mock exam. Are you following a dedicated course of study, or are you just doing questions from the OG/GMATClub? In order to get the most out of your study time, it pays to be systematic. Once you take your mock exam (or a shorter diagnostic if you don't feel you have the time to do a full test), take a look: where were your strengths and weaknesses? What were the questions you should have gotten right? The questions you could have gotten right? (And the questions you could someday get right.) Plan your studying to really address the first two first, leaning really heavily on your error log to track not just what you got right and wrong, but why you got them right and wrong.

All that said, what are you doing right now to structure your prep? How long are you spending each day? What are you doing during that time? (Is it mostly just doing questions, or have you set a schedule for yourself with goals?)

Laura
Academics Aficionado | ORION
http://www.learnwithorion.com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2018, 05:42
LauraOrion Thanks for highlighting everything important in your message. That was really thoughtful.
I have been using Manhattan and Official Guide everyday for my practice. I need to share this that I am a working professional so you can understand I can hardly devote any time during weekdays but still I try to as much as I can. On weekends, I try to atleast devote 5-6 hours on my preparation. I am aiming my GMAT exam in mid October but at time I get really confused with quants section. I have not attempted any mock as of now but yes have attempted several small tests section and subject wise. I have completed SC and CR but still struggling a bit in RC and quants (word problems and Geometry mainly) though I have been using Manhattan only for my learning. Would really appreciate if you could help me as to what should I do now to get more confidence as I am not confident at all on my preparation.

Thanks
Re: Still lost with my preparation &nbs [#permalink] 25 Aug 2018, 05:42

Still lost with my preparation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap