GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Sep 2019, 18:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Strange situation before applying

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Strange situation before applying  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 19:41
Hi All,

Curious if anyone has advice for my current situation. I'm about to apply to Booth. I believe I have a well-rounded application - decent GMAT, 3.9 undergrad GPA, over 5 years of work experience at a Fortune 10 company. I have also been able to take a couple of classes at Booth through a program they offer for prospective students, and I have done well.

My concern is that I was arrested last summer for an OWI. I was exonerated on the first of two charges brought against me, and my lawyer feels the prosecution's case is weak on the second charge. The county I was arrested in has a militant PD, well known for its relentless prosecution of outsiders and OWIs. The prosecutor is currently dragging his feet on a trial date for the OWI, likely because of clerical errors. My attorney has informed me that I am not being charged with a criminal offense and that I can answer "No" to Booth's question on this topic.

I'm terrified to submit my application without disclosing this, yet I am under no obligation to disclose. If I don't apply to wait for this to be resolved, I will be waiting potentially for years. I very much don't want to put my MBA journey on hold until then.
Does anyone know if this will even come up in a background check? To reiterate, I haven't been convicted of anything, and this is only a "traffic ticket" (not criminal) pending against me.

Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all!
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Strange situation before applying  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2018, 01:56
MBAwannab3 I can offer no guarantees but I don't think you should worry about it.
What I can offer is this: In 2014, I worked with a guy convicted of insider trading (something I didn't know about when he hired me) and was admitted to Booth, and got $50K merit scholarship in Round 3. He has since graduated and is CFO at a mid size startup.

MBAwannab3 wrote:
Hi All,

Curious if anyone has advice for my current situation. I'm about to apply to Booth. I believe I have a well-rounded application - decent GMAT, 3.9 undergrad GPA, over 5 years of work experience at a Fortune 10 company. I have also been able to take a couple of classes at Booth through a program they offer for prospective students, and I have done well.

My concern is that I was arrested last summer for an OWI. I was exonerated on the first of two charges brought against me, and my lawyer feels the prosecution's case is weak on the second charge. The county I was arrested in has a militant PD, well known for its relentless prosecution of outsiders and OWIs. The prosecutor is currently dragging his feet on a trial date for the OWI, likely because of clerical errors. My attorney has informed me that I am not being charged with a criminal offense and that I can answer "No" to Booth's question on this topic.

I'm terrified to submit my application without disclosing this, yet I am under no obligation to disclose. If I don't apply to wait for this to be resolved, I will be waiting potentially for years. I very much don't want to put my MBA journey on hold until then.
Does anyone know if this will even come up in a background check? To reiterate, I haven't been convicted of anything, and this is only a "traffic ticket" (not criminal) pending against me.

Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all!

Intern
Re: Strange situation before applying  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2018, 12:28
Thank you for the reply, Mbaprepcoach!

Given your response, do you think I should not disclose it?
I am under no legal obligation to do so, according to my attorney.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Strange situation before applying   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2018, 12:28

Strange situation before applying

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: redskull1, ambera33