GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Feb 2019, 15:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

February 24, 2019

February 24, 2019

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.
  • Free GMAT RC Webinar

February 23, 2019

February 23, 2019

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Learn reading strategies that can help even non-voracious reader to master GMAT RC. Saturday, February 23rd at 7 AM PT

Strategies/tips for the week before the GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Strategies/tips for the week before the GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2006, 10:34
Guys,

I've got my GMAT in 6 days. I'm wondering if you have any documentation, tips, etc. on how to best prepare during this time.

Some specific questions...

- Should I take practice tests every day for the 2-3 days leading up to the exam or should I take the last couple days mostly off, doing some light studying, etc.?

- In general, what should my practice test frequency be like this week?

- At what point do I stop trying to learn new concepts and simply focus on working questions out?

- What sort of foods should I take with me to the test?

- What sort of foods are best the night before/morning of the test?

..and anything else you think is important to know about.

Thanks,
Artis
Manager
Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2006, 12:57
Here was my regimen. Take what you want.

2 weeks out: I took a full-length practice test almost everyday for a week.

1 week out: I had the essays and the timing down, so it was just concentrating on the concepts (I only used GPREP. I took it about 10 times) I took 2 more practice tests, so I wouldn't forget about timing.
Manager
Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2006, 14:29
check out the testing center to see if the room is cold or if there is an annoying noise, and RELAX!!!!!
Intern
Intern
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2006, 06:13
yes, drive to the testing center, so you will know your way.

Eat lot's of Vitamins and healthy! Lot's of nuts and salmon fish for your brain.

I didn't do any full length test the last week, but reviewed difficult topics where I wasn't sure.

Yes, I agree: Relax and keep yourself healthy.

You can do it!
Jules
Intern
Intern
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2006, 00:15
Get plenty of rest the night before. I had major test anxiety that night and did not sleep well. It can really your hurt your ability to comprehend, esp during the verbal.
Bring an energy bar with you, as well as an energy drink. Avoid any caffeine. I made the mistake of drinking coffee before the exam and felt the urge to use the facilities a couple of times during the exam. The 10 min breaks between the sections is plenty of time.
Request earplugs. I loved them!
Intern
Intern
Re: Strategies/tips for the week before the GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2018, 07:44
- Should I take practice tests every day for the 2-3 days leading up to the exam or should I take the last couple days mostly off, doing some light studying, etc.?

- In general, what should my practice test frequency be like this week?

- At what point do I stop trying to learn new concepts and simply focus on working questions out?

- What sort of foods should I take with me to the test?

- What sort of foods are best the night before/morning of the test?

..and anything else you think is important to know about.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2018, 10:30
Hi hoangnganvy1993,

The other posts in this thread are almost 12 years old, so it's not likely that you will receive a response from those posters. That having been said, I'll be happy to answer any questions that you might have. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 17:28
Hi artshep,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. First off, I recommend that you take only one more practice test at most before your GMAT and that you take the practice test in the next two days. Remember, taking a practice test requires a lot of energy and focus, and since you need to be fresh for test day, taking too many practice tests could have a negative effect on your test-day performance.

Aside from taking one last practice exam, do some light studying, such as doing focused practice and reviewing flash cards/notes from past topics to ensure that knowledge has not slipped through the cracks.

Beyond that, try to keep busy with activities other than GMAT prep: go out to dinner, go to the movies, binge-watch Netflix, go for a run … Do whatever you have to so you don’t spend the days leading up to your exam worrying about how things will go.

Regarding food, before the exam, you want to fill up on healthy, energy-rich foods. Some options are steel-cut oatmeal, bananas, peanut butter, or blueberries. In fact, you may as well start eating those foods now! One other piece of advice: Although you want to be hydrated, don’t drink so much liquid that you may find yourself needing to go to the bathroom in the middle of one of the sections. As you know, the clock doesn’t stop for bathroom breaks.

Lastly, you may find it helpful to read this article with more advice on how to treat the final week leading up to your exam as well as some test day tips.

Keep up positive thoughts, try to relax, and crush the test!! Let me know how things turn out.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Strategies/tips for the week before the GMAT   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2018, 17:28

Strategies/tips for the week before the GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap