GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 01:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Stuck in my studies

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Stuck in my studies  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 22:47
Hello to all of you,

My name is Michel and I am planning to sit for my GMAT exam in the late September - Mid October period. My goal is to apply for my MBA in rounds 1 or 2 the latest. I started my GMAT Journey 2 months ago, almost completed the GMAT OG2018 along with Quant and Verbal GMAT official books and I can say I noticed a lot of improvement in terms of concepts and time management (This is normal). I took my first unofficial practice test (test 1) a month ago and scored 680 (Q48 V35). However, since then, I started minimizing my practice time and taking practice exams (resetting free exam 1 & 2) more often opting for more improvement since I FELT I have the confidence and what I takes to ace the 700 threshold. However, I realized that I am wasting my time and no benefits are in the eyesight. I feel so stuck and lost. I bought the GMAT 400 question pack and started practicing 15-25 questions daily after work. These questions are beneficial but to a certain extent. What gave me the real shock is that I bought Test 3 and 4 last week, tried these tests (tried test 4 yesterday)and scored 620 on both (Q49 V27 & Q46 V28 respectively). I honestly don't know what to do. My exam is approaching and I feel like the dumbest person ever. I can buy exams 5&6 but I am sure I will score the same if no appropriate strategy is applied to my studies. In fact, I am not really following a strategy in my studies and this is what made come here and post my story hoping to get some helpful guidance. What should I do? I need an efficient advice that can really help. I really don't want to waste my time buying new material that will tell me what I already know. Well, I know that I may lack some concepts in Quant and surely in Verbal but a strategy on how to think when solving and how to approach each question is maybe what I really need. All I know is one think : I will not give up until I reach a minimum score of 700. I will appreciate some helpful guidance.

Thanks in advance,
Michel
e-GMAT Representative
G
Re: Stuck in my studies  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 04:56
Hi MichelNader,

Your determination to reach your target score is heartening to see. GMAT is a test of logic and reasoning skills. Only solving questions won’t help, unless you develop conceptual clarity and an effective application process that is reliable and repeatable like you have mentioned.
    • Chintan gave too many mocks in his first attempt and ended up getting only a 630. In his second attempt, he realized his mistake, followed a methodical approach, got his fundamentals strong and improved to a 710. Click here to read his de-brief.
    • Murali (740) started his GMAT journey only by practicing questions from OG. Soon realized that it requires a methodical approach to ace GMAT. Click here to read his amazing debrief.

Learn the Methodical Approach used by Bruno and Abhijay to ace GMAT

I invite you to attend the free webinars this weekend on sentence correction and number properties to learn ways that helped Bruno and Abhijay with 150+ score improvement. Register on the below links to reserve your spot.

Regards,
Aditee

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Re: Stuck in my studies &nbs [#permalink] 03 Aug 2018, 04:56

Stuck in my studies

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap