Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 14:08 It is currently 03 May 2024, 14:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
SC Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2210 [1]
Given Kudos: 1665
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22128 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11673 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: study guide [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Ranji12,

To start, for free math practice and help, I recommend that you set up an account at Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org). The site is completely free and makes the learning a bit more fun and 'game-like' (as opposed to the dry academic approach taken by most books). While the site is vast, you should limit your studies to basic Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry. After spending a little time re-building those skills, you can restart your GMAT studies.

About 6 months ago, you posted that you were beginning your GMAT studies, but it's not clear what work you have done since then. Before I can offer you any additional advice, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs/mocks (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) Is your goal score still 720+?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Ranji12,

I’m glad to see you are considering using TTP! As Abhi077 mentioned you don’t need any base level quant knowledge since the course will provide what you need from the foundations of GMAT quant through all advanced quant concepts.

If you’d like any further information regarding the Target Test Prep course, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Let’s do this!!

thank you for the reply.. i will surely reach out if i need any further help :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
study guide [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Ranji12,

To start, for free math practice and help, I recommend that you set up an account at Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org). The site is completely free and makes the learning a bit more fun and 'game-like' (as opposed to the dry academic approach taken by most books). While the site is vast, you should limit your studies to basic Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry. After spending a little time re-building those skills, you can restart your GMAT studies.

About 6 months ago, you posted that you were beginning your GMAT studies, but it's not clear what work you have done since then. Before I can offer you any additional advice, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs/mocks (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) Is your goal score still 720+?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich

yes i posted about starting my gmat prep about 6 months ago... but i couldn't due to some personal reasons. i started my prep seriously from this January. now answers to your questions are following-
1) i have been studying for 2months now for 3-4 hours daily as i do not have any jobs or internships.(i am really trying hard to extend my study hours)
2)i have used mgmat prep guides (not all of them are completed) and veritas prep guides for brushing up my basics. but it seems that they aren't enough for me.. the examples are too easy and when it comes to the drill sets i can not apply the strategies may be its my problem or inability but i think these prep guides are not enough for me!
3)so far i've taken one CAT which is from veritas prep guide's free trial and scored 390! (26 for quant and 18 for verbal)
4)i do not aspire for 720+ but definitely 680-700.
5) i am planning to take the gmat between july- august.
6) i will try for 2019 intakes (class of 2020) for MiM. ( i am a recent graduate and do not have any prior work experience)
7) i am planning to apply for mostly German b schools such as Frankfurt School of Finance and Management,Leipzig Graduate School of Management,University of Cologne Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences, Mannheim Business School etc.
well thank you for your reply and suggestion about khan academy.. i'll surely try that.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11673 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Ranji12,

Since you are not planning to take the GMAT until July or August, you still have plenty of time to study and improve - which is good. Since you've been studying for 2 months now - but you have only taken one CAT/mock - it would make sense for you to take another one soon (perhaps this weekend), so that we can get a sense of whether your current method of studying is helping you to improve or not. Make sure to take that CAT in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss the results and how best to proceed.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot