Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 4555 [1]
Given Kudos: 128
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11663 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 122
Send PM
Re: Study Plan 50 days - From From to 750? [#permalink]
Kudos
I am also a learner like you but I have a plan and is promising to me. Two things to do daily if you have time.
Practice set 1: 80-90 min timing: RC - 2 passage (say 8 questions), SC-7, CR- 7, DS-10, PS-10, Then review and analyse 30 min.

Take one set in morning and second set in the evening.

Meanwhile you study whatever suits you. But remain faithful to practice sets religiously.

Yes questions bank of GMAT club and OG-900, OGVR-300, OGQR-300. Source of questions.

Please give feedback on the same and suggest improvement on this. I will correct mine.
Thanks and regards.

Sent from my Mi A1 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi, Thanks for your replay. About your questions.

1) What study materials have you used besides the books that you listed. All Manhatan Books, OG18, veritas DS and Probabilitiy and Stat..., I got the OGQ300 and OGV300 but I didnt started yet those last two
2) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)
I took two in Manhattan 1st: Q(41) 43% V(31) 62% Total 590 - 1 month ago 2nd: Q(46) 60% V(27) 47% Total 600 - 2 weeks ago

Goals:
3) What is your exact Test Date? I am planning to take it 10 July
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School? I would like Top10 and get a Scholarship

I am free of time so I cant give all myself this time that is remaining, but I would like a plan to follow so I wont be wandering.
This last two weeks I was doing all the OG18 Quant section again, as well as the veritas two books mentioned. I think that maybe consolidating myself first in Quant and then moving to the verbal section I would be better.
By the way I read some advices about the new GMAT FORMAT that now RC is it more important than it was used to be, so for SC I was planning to prepare with the e-gmat material but for the Reading Comprenhesion I dont have a correct technique that works for me, what material can I use. RC and SC is the must difficult part for me.
In Quant DS , Divisiilitiy , Probability as well
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32835 [2]
Given Kudos: 5775
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
carlosbarredac wrote:
Hi Everybody, thanks for reading my post.
I have already started my journey two months ago and read all the manhattan books.
Last week I took a Mock and I got a 60% Percentil in Quant and 46% in Verbal, now I want some guide how to improve and boost my score up to my goal.
This 50 days I will be in vacation and I dont want to be wandering in how to do it.
Please if somebody have a guide or advice It will be very aprreciated,

Thanks.

Best Books

For Concept Learning

Manhattan Quant Guides
Manhattan Verbal Guides
For CR: The Powerscore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible
For RC: Aristotle RC Grail

For Practice

The Official Guide for GMAT 2015-18
The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2015-18
The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review 2015-18

Strategies

You can start with Quant or Verbal which suits you. If you have started with Quant then Start with the Arithmetic but if started with verbal then start first with Sentence correction. One month for learning Quant concepts and one month for practicing question and same practice for Verbal. During you Practicing question don't forget to make an error log to track your weak areas after practice. Once you know your weak areas revise your Concepts related to those areas and do some more Practice. 6-8 CATs are enough for practice the real tests. Make your Stamina for sitting 3 hours in the test and don't study more than 2 hours in one sit and 4 hours per day

Top CATs for Practice

1. Official GMAC CATs
2. Manhattan CATs
3. Kaplan CATs
4. GMAT Club Quant CATs

Good Luck
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11663 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49