Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GRE 1: Q166 V157
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [3]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Re: Study plan after completing official guide [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hey,

I would say you're doing well but I would highly recommend you give a mock exam. It will tell you exactly where you stand, what are your weak areas, what you need to work on and give you a better idea on how to proceed. If you do not want to use up the 2 free official mock test then high recommend taking the free one on manhattan prep. You can find other free test here - https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-gmat-pra ... 28289.html
Do not go for the TTP or gmat club test for your first mock as they have separate quant and verbal tests and you need a proper whole test to understand your position.

You should be able to reach your goal in 1.5 months. Honestly, it depends on where you are right now (need mock test scores for that) and how much time you can dedicate every day. If you are at 650+, then you can reach a 720 with 120-150 hours of study. Again this should be taken with a pinch of salt as it depends on your capabilities and efforts.

Regarding what to study next, depends on which topics you're weak at. The mgmat mock test will give you a detailed report on your topic-wise performance. This will give you a better understanding of what you need to work on. To improve your score, I would say you have some decent material (mostly textbooks). If you can study using textbooks, then go for it but if you can't then sign up with a online test prep company (look at reviews sections on gmat club) - my recommendation will be TTP and Veritas.

Also, here is a strategy that could save you - if you have an android device, download the free veritas prep app from google play store. It has all the videos from their on-demand course and it is lifesaver and free (using it myself). They will go over lots of strategy, common mistake and how to approach questions, to clear everything up for you. You can then use the Mgmat books for fundamentals and the OG review books and their online access for some practice. Don't solve more from the OG books because you will need that later for practice. You can use the gmat club also for practice - https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags

To improve on verbal, it hugely depends where you are falling behind. If it is RC due to reading speed, then you should build habit of reading (apart from textbooks). I think the powerscore CR is great for CR and it should really help with that. The mgmat is great for SC and coupled with the veritas prep videos you should be good to go.

Well you should have gotten 6 mock test with the mgmat books, but if you didn't then you might need some tests. I would suggest don't rush into buying too many right now. Once you have exhausted all the free test (don't go for the Teir 2 ones if you do not have time) from the above list, you can consider buying more official test. The official test on mba.com are the best ones and closest to real questions you will see on test day. Let me know if you need anything else.

If you find this post helpful, then give it a kudos :)
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22042 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi DexterZabula,

I see you have many good questions; however, I can provide some more useful guidance once I have some data. Could you take an official practice exam and report back with your score breakdown? Once you do, I can provide some advice. In the meantime, you may find it helpful to read the following article:

How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT — A Mini Guide for Success
GMAT Club Bot