It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 20:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Study Plan for CR & RC

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2017
Posts: 9
Study Plan for CR & RC [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 03:36
Hi Guys,

I am Chandra Kant Mundra, non native English candidate. I am self studying with help of Manhattan prep modules. I have done with SC. As I am non native candidate I started with Foundation of Verbal and it was helpful to brush up. Now I want to start either CR or RC. I want to know should I start with Foundation of Verbal or I should start directly with main book of Manhattan prep.

My point is, for SC I can understand that it is basic and taught all over the world. So better we brush up being non native. In case of CR and RC, I dont think it taught in world being Native or non Native. Considering this it remain same for all. Please correct me if I am heading wrong and suggest where to start.

Thanks

regards.

Chandra Kant Mundra
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Nov 2016
Posts: 37
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Re: Study Plan for CR & RC [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 11:22
In a way you are right. There's nothing more in terms of theory that you can teach for CR or RC, however the strategies would be different for non-natives. Our education usually doesn't prepare us to critically think so finding out the differences in terms of structures and mapping out information will be something that we have to be careful about.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Study Plan for CR & RC [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 13:18
animesh mohanty wrote:
In a way you are right. There's nothing more in terms of theory that you can teach for CR or RC, however the strategies would be different for non-natives. Our education usually doesn't prepare us to critically think so finding out the differences in terms of structures and mapping out information will be something that we have to be careful about.

Thanks Animesh.
Do I start with Foundation or I should jump directly on main book?

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
VP
VP
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 1261
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: Study Plan for CR & RC [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 20:11
CkNikhil wrote:
Thanks Animesh.
Do I start with Foundation or I should jump directly on main book?
Why not go with what you're comfortable with? If you have the time to go through some of the basics, do that. Check whether the material you're working on is helpful and then take a call. If it's too easy, you might want to switch to something more advanced.
_________________

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Study Plan for CR & RC [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 03:49
AjiteshArun wrote:
CkNikhil wrote:
Thanks Animesh.
Do I start with Foundation or I should jump directly on main book?
Why not go with what you're comfortable with? If you have the time to go through some of the basics, do that. Check whether the material you're working on is helpful and then take a call. If it's too easy, you might want to switch to something more advanced.

Thanks Ajitesh!

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Re: Study Plan for CR & RC   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2017, 03:49
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Study Plan for CR & RC

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.