Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Re: Study plan help!! Studying full time for a month! which CATS to take? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi oloman,

Since you have a plan in place, but you're on a limited timeline, here's what I suggest: study however you see fit for the next 2 weeks, then take a FULL-LENGTH CAT (including the Essay and IR sections) and let's see how you score. If you show some improvement, then you should stick to your plan. If your score doesn't increase though, then you'll still have a month to make some adjustments. You should plan to post back here once you have those score results.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Study plan help!! Studying full time for a month! which CATS to take? [#permalink]
Will do thanks,
Any suggestions as to which CAT's I should take? GMAT PREP? Veritas, MGMT? etc....
Understand MGMT quant is much harder than the quant in the real examn, vertias has a verbal section that is also much harder than the exman... should I just stick to gmat prep?

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi oloman,

Since you have a plan in place, but you're on a limited timeline, here's what I suggest: study however you see fit for the next 2 weeks, then take a FULL-LENGTH CAT (including the Essay and IR sections) and let's see how you score. If you show some improvement, then you should stick to your plan. If your score doesn't increase though, then you'll still have a month to make some adjustments. You should plan to post back here once you have those score results.

Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Olomon,

Any of the CATs that you listed would be fine to work with; it's important that you take a 'fresh' CAT each time though (retaking a CAT that you've already used almost always leads to seeing repeat questions and an unrealistic, 'inflated' score).

Rich
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
oloman wrote:
Hello, I plan to study full time for a month and a half, and have no time for errors. I need to see if you guys think if the veritas prep question bank and CATs are OK, I have worked with them but find the verbal question banks extremely hard. Also the CATs, the verbal section is extremely hard, I dont if this level of difficulty is good.

Can anyone recommend me a good set of CAt test to see if I am improving?

For practice problems, I have the OG, the blue verbal book and some questions on the gmat prep software that I purchased, should I just stick to these questions and drop the vertias prep question bank. i have full access to all the vertias platform.

As of now, I am studying of the MGMT quant books, and finishing up CR from powerscore bible. What I need help is what source should I use for practice? Should I just stick to OG source and gmat prep sofware?

I know that there is no perfect CAT exam expect for the gmat prep software, but then again the MGMAT exams have a very hard (maybe not gmat real) quant, Verticas has a verbal section that a lot of people have been compaling about that its too hard. Should I try Kaplan??

best
Oloman

Hey Oloman,

We can't comment for other tests but do note that no test prep company's algorithm will exactly match the real thing. The best we can do is get close.

You can always take a free GMAT PILL practice test here complete with detailed performance and timing analytics: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

In terms of our scoring, many of our students report scores that are +/- 30 points from their actual GMAT test and so are a relatively good indicator of their performance. That said, no practice test can perfectly replicate the actual score algorithm, but this is quite close.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great thanks a lot! I will consider

GMATPILLBILL wrote:
oloman wrote:
Hello, I plan to study full time for a month and a half, and have no time for errors. I need to see if you guys think if the veritas prep question bank and CATs are OK, I have worked with them but find the verbal question banks extremely hard. Also the CATs, the verbal section is extremely hard, I dont if this level of difficulty is good.

Can anyone recommend me a good set of CAt test to see if I am improving?

For practice problems, I have the OG, the blue verbal book and some questions on the gmat prep software that I purchased, should I just stick to these questions and drop the vertias prep question bank. i have full access to all the vertias platform.

As of now, I am studying of the MGMT quant books, and finishing up CR from powerscore bible. What I need help is what source should I use for practice? Should I just stick to OG source and gmat prep sofware?

I know that there is no perfect CAT exam expect for the gmat prep software, but then again the MGMAT exams have a very hard (maybe not gmat real) quant, Verticas has a verbal section that a lot of people have been compaling about that its too hard. Should I try Kaplan??

best
Oloman

Hey Oloman,

We can't comment for other tests but do note that no test prep company's algorithm will exactly match the real thing. The best we can do is get close.

You can always take a free GMAT PILL practice test here complete with detailed performance and timing analytics: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

In terms of our scoring, many of our students report scores that are +/- 30 points from their actual GMAT test and so are a relatively good indicator of their performance. That said, no practice test can perfectly replicate the actual score algorithm, but this is quite close.

GMAT Club Bot