Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: STUDY PLAN/MATERIALS [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Tim,

That extra information is important - beyond having a GMAT score to reference during your interviews, you also need a high enough score that will impress the recruiters.

Given your timeframe, we need a full assessment of your current skills. As such, you should plan to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT sometime soon. You can download 2 CATs for free from www.mba.com. Once you've taken that first CAT, you should post back here with your scores.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64941 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Expert Reply
Voss7195 wrote:
Hello all,

I was recently introduced to this site by enigma123 (he noticed I was studying the GMAC official guide in a hotel lobby) and he said that this site helped him achieve his high score. Some background - I've already taken the GMAT to get into an integrated masters program at the University of Oklahoma but I didn't study at all and my low score reflects that (590). I am re-taking the exam partially because the low score annoys me but also because I am planning on going back to school for an MBA after a few years of work experience.

I want to take the exam sometime in august and I was wondering if someone could give me some guidance on which materials to buy. I just completed the official guide and I am now looking for something I can study 3-4 hours a day for the next month or so. I don't remember my exact quant/verbal scores but the quant score was significantly lower than the verbal.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-Tim V

From what I understand, till now you have used only the official guide. It is a must, but for practice. You need to go through the curriculum of a test prep company for concepts and then, you can practice using the official resources. The official resources do not explain the concepts much. With a 590 and a month's timeline, I would suggest you to check out our on-demand program. It gives you unlimited access to your own online account for 12 months which will have the following resources and features:

12 lessons in High Definition video
24 hours of actual video play time
Viewable on your computer (PC or Mac), iPad, and iPhone
12 lesson booklets
12 computer-adaptive practice tests
Online student account with study plan
Live instructor help seven days a week
3,000 GMAT practice problems and solutions

It has a 30-day self-study system. All video lessons are available for streaming online or for permanent download and are viewable on your computer, iPad, and iPhone.

For a free trial, check out this link: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/gmat-on-demand/
GMAT Club Bot