GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2019, 00:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Study plan to increase Score from 570 to 650 in 4 weeks

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Quant   Verbal   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 570 Q35 V34
Study plan to increase Score from 570 to 650 in 4 weeks  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 01:26
Hi everyone,

I gave my GMAT yesterday ( 9 Feb 2019) and got a score of 570. I need a score of 650 to apply to the schools I want. I'm planning to do a masters in Supply chain Management. My quant score was 35 and Verbal score 34. I'm planning to improve my quant score to increase my total score. Any suggestions on how I can do this in 4 weeks time?
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Study plan to increase Score from 570 to 650 in 4 weeks  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 08:13
adilharis wrote:
Hi everyone,

I gave my GMAT yesterday ( 9 Feb 2019) and got a score of 570. I need a score of 650 to apply to the schools I want. I'm planning to do a masters in Supply chain Management. My quant score was 35 and Verbal score 34. I'm planning to improve my quant score to increase my total score. Any suggestions on how I can do this in 4 weeks time?

Hi adilharis,

You can try out the TTP course as it is phenomenal and covers the entire syllabus really well. Plus it has great reviews on GMATCLUB. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practice tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of OG and the Quant review for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ma ... ml?fl=menu

Hope this helps. All the best.

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2019, 04:42
Hey rohan2345,

I purchased the enhanced score report to understand the areas I'm weak in. I'm looking to improve on those areas and be ready for the next test which is on March 9th. Do you think TTP can help me? From the reviews I understand that with the TTP course I would require more than a month to see results. Would the GMAT club tests be a better option for me?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '21, Ross '21
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
Study plan to increase Score from 570 to 650 in 4 weeks  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2019, 05:22
adilharis

I think you should do systematic practice and identify your weak areas, thereby working on them in order to improve your performance.

I would suggest you to purchase your ESR and evaluate the same

GMAT Club tests are harder than actual Gmat quant... you may try them but don't get demotivated by the score rather just keep practicing! they are of great help !
Also make sure that you master the complete official material before beginning the tests .
Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2019, 09:12
Hi adilharis,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. To answer your question, we’ve seen some folks make major score gains in only one month when using TTP, while others have needed more time to improve their GMAT scores. At the end of the day, there are many factors that affect o how successful you can be in one month of prep.

That being said, before providing specific advice, I’d like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. I have some questions:

1) How many times have you taken the actual GMAT? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken the GMAT, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests.

2) How many practice GMAT tests did you take? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken any practice GMATs, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests. Also, please tell me where these tests came from (ex: mba.com).

3) Please describe how you studied. For how many hours a day did you study and for how many months?

4) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?

5) By when would you LIKE to take the GMAT? By when MUST you take the GMAT?

6) For how many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?

7) In your opinion, how prepared were you for the GMAT? It's important that you answer this question as objectively as possible.

Certainly if you’d like to discuss TTP further, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 06:06
Hi Scott,

I'm considering TTP for my prep for the next test. I'll try to answer your questions below.

1. I've taken the GMAT once on 9th Feb 2019. My total score was 570 and the breakdown as follows:
Q: 35 V: 34 IR: 6 AWA: 4.5
I was a little anxious as it was my first time writing the test. I had a feeling I would run out of time in Quant and I did. I had to guess the last 4-6 qns to avoid penalty.
And I was constantly trying to finish qns in 2 mins but some qns I took up to 3 mins. This made my rush my following questions and I feel that it is one of the reasons I
scored so low.

2. I took 2 Practice tests from mba(dot)com, Practice Test 1 & 2. I took it on
6th Feb: Q-40 V-30 IR-3 Score-580
7th Feb: Q-27 V-29 IR-5 Score-490

My first test I was pretty calm and was eager to know my level of preparation and felt confident. But on my second test I was very frustrated and panicked throughout my
quant section.

3. I first went through the Manhattan prep guides and then practiced a few questions of the OG but I practiced online with the code that came with the OG. I studied for 4-6
hours a day for 3 weeks.

4. I'll be applying for Msc. in Supply Chain Management. My deadlines are 1 April, 1 May and 1 June. I'm applying for the fall term.

5. I would like to the gmat on 16th March as I feel confident about verbal and just have to improve my quant. And I must take the test on 16th March too because of my april
1st deadline.

6. I can study for 3hrs/day on the weekdays and 5hrs/day on the weekends.

7. In my view, I prepared really well for Verbal, in fact I spend most of my prep time on verbal. For quant, I believe my prep lacked practice as I was rushing through the
topics and I even skipped a few topics like Combinations, Sets and Probabilities. I skimmed through geometry. Overall, I felt good about verbal but very under prepared for
Quant.

In addition to this I could share my ESR with you if that'd help.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Study plan to increase Score from 570 to 650 in 4 weeks   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2019, 06:06

Study plan to increase Score from 570 to 650 in 4 weeks

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics