It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 01:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Studying begins today for Late May 09 test, critique my plan

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Studying begins today for Late May 09 test, critique my plan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2008, 09:02
I'm taking the GMAT in late May, and I'm shooting for 700+.

Tell me if these materials and plan are OK.

1 Hour Verbal/2 Hours Math - Week 1
2 hours Math/1 Hour verbal - Week 2
Then it just keeps flip flopping...

My materials are Manhattan SC, OG11, Kaplan GMAT for CR, and 4GMAT.com's ebooks for all 3 subjects of math.

First of all, should I start out with a diagnostic test, and if so, where?
How often should I take practice GMAT tests, and where are more free ones besides the Challenges and the official GMAT site?

Will I be ready? The only practice test I've taken was from my Kaplan book and I BOMBED it. Like mid 500 territory. But I've read the Kaplan test are tough.

Help me out guys, I'll give you all sorts of feedback as I'm going and will let you know how it goes when I finish.

-Sam

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount Codes
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm
Re: Studying begins today for Late May 09 test, critique my plan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2008, 11:01
I think you have a good plan.

I studied at a very comfortable pace for over a year (1-2 hours a week) and I scored 750+

I would definitely use the diagnostic materials to really understand your weaknesses, and address them. I think I see way too many people spend lots of time on things they already know because its easy and they can tell themselves they're studying x hours a week.

Also have you been a good test-taker in the past? If so, then you'll have alot of adrenaline during the test and you won't have to worry about the length of the test. (This is the case for me). If not, then you should spend a few saturdays taking practice tests so you can get used to the mental fatigue of the exam.

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Re: Studying begins today for Late May 09 test, critique my plan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2008, 12:45
I'm a very good test taker, the pressure really doesn't get to me, so I will take care of my weaknesses first.

Re: Studying begins today for Late May 09 test, critique my plan   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2008, 12:45

Studying begins today for Late May 09 test, critique my plan

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap