GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 20:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Studying stratergy for a limited time frame

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Studying stratergy for a limited time frame  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 02:22
Hi!
I have started preparing for my GMAT and I only have 1.5 months on hand to finish the preparation. I have the MGMAT official bookset as well as magoosh online module. Should I focus solely on magoosh if I have a limited time frame of study and will that be enough? I have a fairly strong quant but very weak verbal. I gave a mock before starting my studies and scored 590 (Q46 V26). Please help me out in formulating a strategy so that I can finish my preparation within 1.5 months.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 468
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Studying stratergy for a limited time frame  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 03:33
Rushabhjinwala wrote:
Hi!
I have started preparing for my GMAT and I only have 1.5 months on hand to finish the preparation. I have the MGMAT official bookset as well as magoosh online module. Should I focus solely on magoosh if I have a limited time frame of study and will that be enough? I have a fairly strong quant but very weak verbal. I gave a mock before starting my studies and scored 590 (Q46 V26). Please help me out in formulating a strategy so that I can finish my preparation within 1.5 months.

Hi,
Welcome to GMAT club. 590 is a good score to begin with and some people have crossed 700 mark in 1 month. So, I would say it is possible. Whether 1.5 months are enough for your preparation or not depend upon the number of hours you are going to put in your studies, target score and how (together for 3-5 hrs or in small chunks). How much course you have done till now? What is your target score? I know Manhattan SC is highly recommended followed by CR. You must study them as well. Put more focus on Verbal.
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Re: Studying stratergy for a limited time frame  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 03:37
sjas31 wrote:
Rushabhjinwala wrote:
Hi!
I have started preparing for my GMAT and I only have 1.5 months on hand to finish the preparation. I have the MGMAT official bookset as well as magoosh online module. Should I focus solely on magoosh if I have a limited time frame of study and will that be enough? I have a fairly strong quant but very weak verbal. I gave a mock before starting my studies and scored 590 (Q46 V26). Please help me out in formulating a strategy so that I can finish my preparation within 1.5 months.

Hi,
Welcome to GMAT club. 590 is a good score to begin with and some people have crossed 700 mark in 1 month. So, I would say it is possible. Whether 1.5 months are enough for your preparation or not depend upon the number of hours you are going to put in your studies, target score and how (together for 3-5 hrs or in small chunks). How much course you have done till now? What is your target score? I know Manhattan SC is highly recommended followed by CR. You must study them as well. Put more focus on Verbal.


Hi!
I can manage to put in around 3 - 4 hours daily for my studies. I have started my preparation just a couple of days ago. My target score is 700 - 720.

Posted from my mobile device
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 468
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Studying stratergy for a limited time frame  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 03:42
Rushabhjinwala wrote:
Hi!
I can manage to put in around 3 - 4 hours daily for my studies. I have started my preparation just a couple of days ago. My target score is 700 - 720.

Posted from my mobile device


As per me, it is achievable. I wish you all the best. You should talk with the prep company (magoosh) to advise you on a custom 1 month study program to follow. Also, I recommend to give a mock on weekends to check your improvement.
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Re: Studying stratergy for a limited time frame  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 07:52
sjas31 wrote:
Rushabhjinwala wrote:
Hi!
I can manage to put in around 3 - 4 hours daily for my studies. I have started my preparation just a couple of days ago. My target score is 700 - 720.

Posted from my mobile device


As per me, it is achievable. I wish you all the best. You should talk with the prep company (magoosh) to advise you on a custom 1 month study program to follow. Also, I recommend to give a mock on weekends to check your improvement.

Hi!
Thankyou for your guidance! My main question was will magoosh be enough for my preparation and should I solely focus on magoosh or use both MGMAT and magoosh?
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 468
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Studying stratergy for a limited time frame  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 08:00
Rushabhjinwala wrote:
Hi!
Thankyou for your guidance! My main question was will magoosh be enough for my preparation and should I solely focus on magoosh or use both MGMAT and magoosh?

For your question, I have given the answer already. I recommend you to study Manhattan SC and CR and magoosh course. Take the best things of the available material.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
V
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 15696
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Studying stratergy for a limited time frame  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 15:59
Hi Rushabhjinwala,

To start, a 590 is a strong initial CAT score (the average score on the Official GMAT hovers around 550 most years). That having been said, raising a 590 to the point that you can consistently score 700+ will likely require at least 2 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. With just 1.5 months though, there might be a limit to how much you can improve - so you might need to consider pushing back your planned Test Date.

1) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
2) What are the exact application deadlines that you are facing?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Image


The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
V
Status: Founder & CEO
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 8678
Location: United States (CA)
Re: Studying stratergy for a limited time frame  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 19:52
Hi Rushabhjinwala,

Would you like some general advice on how to improve your verbal skills?
_________________

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Studying stratergy for a limited time frame   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2019, 19:52
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Studying stratergy for a limited time frame

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne