Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 140 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Subcategories for SC Forum [#permalink]
That is a great suggestion. I was stuck on some problems on which I wanted to go further into details of grammar. Referring back to the book sometimes takes up time and yet you still debate over that question. This forum would be a great platform to improve upon the commonly tested skills in SC and discussion always helps remember things better.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10035 [1]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I would think about keywords for questions in both quant and verbal forums rather than creating subforums, such as PS and DS for math, weaken and strengthen for CR and so on.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
walker wrote:
I would think about keywords for questions in both quant and verbal forums rather than creating subforums, such as PS and DS for math, weaken and strengthen for CR and so on.

Thank you Walker!
This is definitely one of the options and my feel is that this is preferred but I have not found a good tagging/classification system yet - started this morning and still searching.

Another option is to keep threads like these: 7-t56486 that provide listing of specific topical questions.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
walker wrote:

Thank you Walker!
This is definitely one of the options and my feel is that this is preferred but I have not found a good tagging/classification system yet - started this morning and still searching.

Another option is to keep threads like these: 7-t56486 that provide listing of specific topical questions.

I think in math/verbal forums classification should be mandatory. In other words, "Submit" is enabled only if a user choose one of options (PS/DS). Moreover, in some cases you can make this classification automatically for older posts: 5 options - PS, 2 options - DS. Just a thought. You know that I don't like PS/DS separation in math forum... but I'm a strong supporters of tag-system :roll:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
walker wrote:

Thank you Walker!

I think it will be a tedious job to do the way you have suggested as it has to be constantly updated by some one..... some thing should be there that is automatic, like the one suggested by walker that option will nt be activated untill you select an appropriate tag for the POST. I think there can be drop down menu before the subject line that can have all the tags which will help to differentiae btw different posts. So that way it will be user independent and will have a standard which will also help to search easily.........
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
apurva1985 wrote:
like the one suggested by walker that option will nt be activated untill you select an appropriate tag for the POST. I think there can be drop down menu before the subject line that can have all the tags which will help to differentiae btw different posts. So that way it will be user independent and will have a standard which will also help to search easily.........

I do like Walker's suggestion.
The only consideration is that to find all Probability (for example) questions - you would need to sort everything by name...
The other weakness is that you could not give questions a difficulty rank easily.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
The only consideration is that to find all Probability (for example) questions - you would need to sort everything by name...
The other weakness is that you could not give questions a difficulty rank easily.

Just a thought... Let's each first post in math/verbal would contain tags and difficulty, and every user could change them. Moreover, change processes would be easy, without changing a page, like editing tags in pop-up window and defining difficulty by clicking, let's say, one of 10 boxes in a row that represents difficulty level... difficulty would be defined as an average of all clicks.... So, any person could modify tags/difficulty properties of a first post.

... if a post is defined by tags, its title could be automatically modified like: "DS:700 Sqrt inequality" or "PS:550 Combinatorics". At the same time users would have an opportunity to use filter in math/verbal threads....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6508 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
 Q44  V38
Send PM
i LOVE combinations-permutations-and-probability-references-56486.html thread!!
Wish there were more of these..co-ordinate geometry,inequalities etc..people usually have problems in these..
I also like the CR 7-category suggestion cos that is exactly what I was looking for when I stumbled upon here..:)
GMAT Club Bot