GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 26 Apr 2018, 10:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Submitting A New GMAT Score After R2 Deadline

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Submitting A New GMAT Score After R2 Deadline [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2014, 01:09
Hi all,

Would b-schools accept updated GMAT scores after the application deadline?

If I've already taken the GMAT once and I feel that there is room to improve by at least 50 points, would it help if I retake my GMAT, say on January 15, about 2 weeks after R2 deadlines?
Expert Post
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Re: Submitting A New GMAT Score After R2 Deadline [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2014, 08:09
Ultimately, it depends on whether or not the admissions committees at the schools you are applying to view your current GMAT score as a strength/weakness or neutral factor. That said, the easiest suggestion I offer in these situations is to email/call the schools you are applying to and ask them -- they'll give you the best answer.

In regards to whether a '50' point improvement is worth it -- that's only something that you can truly answer. What's your current score and how does that compare to the mean score range at the schools you are considering?

Hope this helps.

-Brian

Brian Lange | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | North Carolina

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2014, 09:14
As a rule of thumb, most schools do not accept information like that during regular admissions proceedings. By that, I mean new GMAT scores are generally admitted during the waitlist process, etc. However, Brian's point is valid - just call the school. There is a good chance they'll say no, but you never know. As for whether 50 is significant, it all depends. If you're going from a 710 to a 750, not much. But if you're going from a 600 to a 650, then yes, it'll help. But it's hard to say without any info.

Bhavik

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let us know!

Expert Post
Manhattan Prep Instructor

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2014, 20:12
I agree with Bhavik whole-heartedly -- not all 50 point gains are created equally! Did you have an opportunity to call the school(s) that you are considering? Any helpful information to share with the readers here about what you learned?

Good luck!

-Brian

Brian Lange | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | North Carolina

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 08:45
Hi,

I called up two schools (Tuck and Columbia) about this. They had informed me that they will accept updated score but only upto 10 days after the submissions not more than that.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
S
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head
INSEAD: MBA

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 11:20
Some schools allow to submit new GMAT scores after the application has been sent. Some schools don't.

If you are planning to do so, and it is not specified in their websites, contact the admissions committee directly and ask them.

Typically, you can use the Optional Essay to mention the new date of the exam, and why you think it is important for your application to retake it.

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D
HR Executive Director
Independent Consultant
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
INSEAD Admissions Interviewer & Ambassador

+52 1 55 2702 0059
alex@ruizlee.es | alex.lee@insead.edu
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee
http://www.ruizlee.es

Please, email me your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 12:16
juenatics wrote:
Hi all,
Agree with other comments- some schools will accept- some won't. Generally speaking- the volume of applications received and the prestige of the program come into play. So with HBS getting 10,000 applications- they simply can't have all these moving parts of new scores coming in. But another program- say Wisconsin- where they are already taking a hit this year on applications given that they briefly announced a shut down- there applications are likely to be down- and they probably want to encourage all applicants and also want to consider the best test score that they can in the process. With the exception of the very top programs- who might be offended that you are unprepared asking this question- but for many MBA programs- the best approach is to simply call the program and ask- as it is not something that any school wants to encourage- so you may have to broker a deal with a human to see how far you can push the limits to still be considered in a certain round. But in practice- behind the walls of adcom - this does happen that scores submitted post submission are considered if they come in early enough to before decisions are made.
Would b-schools accept updated GMAT scores after the application deadline?

If I've already taken the GMAT once and I feel that there is room to improve by at least 50 points, would it help if I retake my GMAT, say on January 15, about 2 weeks after R2 deadlines?

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Re: Submitting A New GMAT Score After R2 Deadline   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2017, 12:16

Submitting A New GMAT Score After R2 Deadline

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap