Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Re: SUGGESTIONS PLEASE- Low GMAT score on first attempt. [#permalink]
You are most welcome. Like I suspected looks like timing was the main culprit and you are absolutely right you need more practice.

Yes, start from the basics, build your foundation and practice without timing to improve accuracy. Speed will come only after that step, there is no shortcut unless you are a super genius. It is basically training your mind in baby steps to take the big leap. I am thinking you have a error log if not this is a great time to do it.

Powerscore CR is highly recommended. If you search the forum you will see good reviews of it all around.

Cheers and keep us posted on the progress.

shreejit16 wrote:
@Hulksmashgmat:

Thanks for a reply. Yes I'd work to push my Quant score as well and I am quite confident of that. But verbal, I am not so sure as I was not able to figure a way out. I was unable to apply the concepts or strategies read in MGMAT guides while answering the questions in tests. The main reason: fight against time to answer all the questions. There were times when I didn't really understand the question or answer choices properly and answered just to attempt the question. I guess I need a lot of practise more than anything. And yes of course, I'll start again from the basics.

For CR, I've heard a lot about PowerScore. How good or different is that book? Planning to buy it.

Thanks again.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@HulksmashGmat

Hello,

I need help from you. I was planning to take the GMAT again sometime in October end. When I look at the application deadline of colleges, some of the dates are in October. Is it okay if I am ready with my score,applications by November end and apply for R2? What will be my chances?

Also, do I take TOEFL or IELTS ?

Thanks!!

Shreejit
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
shreejit16 wrote:
@HulksmashGmat

Hello,

I need help from you. I was planning to take the GMAT again sometime in October end. When I look at the application deadline of colleges, some of the dates are in October. Is it okay if I am ready with my score,applications by November end and apply for R2? What will be my chances?

Also, do I take TOEFL or IELTS ?

Thanks!!

Shreejit

Most of the US bschools have R2 deadline by Jan 2014...So if your done by november it gives you good time to prepare essays...

Taking Ielts or toefl will depend on your targets bschool...You can ask them through email to get the accurate answer.
GMAT Club Bot