GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 07:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Suggestions required for study material

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Suggestions required for study material  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 09:35
Hello Everyone,
I am having 5 years of experience in IT.
2.5 Years in India
2.5 Years in UK

Now i am planning to take GMAT. My aim is to target good MBA college in Europe itself.
Could you please help with below points.

1 - What is best month to give GMAT exam. Most of MBA program starts in fall. Am i too late to give exam to get admission in 2018. Also could you suggest some good colleges.

2- How many months of practice should be sufficient before giving GMAT with full time job from 9-5.

3- Could you please suggest some study material which i should follow strictly.

I have not done any practice or anything and tried my hands on GMAT online test to check where i stand without preparation. I scored 550 which is terrible i suppose.

Looking forward to hear back. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Suggestions required for study material  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 09:41
Anyone ? Pls help

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
S
Re: Suggestions required for study material  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 20:36
sshar wrote:
Hello Everyone,
2.5 Years in India
2.5 Years in UK

Now i am planning to take GMAT. My aim is to target good MBA college in Europe itself.

1 - What is best month to give GMAT exam. Most of MBA program starts in fall. Am i too late to give exam to get admission in 2018. Also could you suggest some good colleges.

2- How many months of practice should be sufficient before giving GMAT with full time job from 9-5.

I have not done any practice or anything and tried my hands on GMAT online test to check where i stand without preparation. I scored 550 which is terrible i suppose.

Hi sshar!

I don't think I can answer all of your questions here, but I'm happy to give some advice! :-)

Unfortunately I am not familiar with European MBA programs and their application deadlines. However, in general, you should aim to take the GMAT about a month before the applications are due, because the scores take 20 days to be sent. You also need to wait at least 16 days before retaking the GMAT. So if you'd like to give yourself enough time to retake the test just in case, then you should schedule the exam at least five weeks before the application deadline. Once you decide which programs you'd like to apply to, the deadlines will be listed on the website. You can check the website of a few programs just to get a sense of when the average deadlines are, and plan your test date accordingly.

If you are looking for significant improvement from 550, then I'd recommend giving yourself at least 3-6 months to study. Of course, the actual amount of time you need will depend on many factors, such as how much time and effort you can put in each day, and how quickly you absorb the material. In general, it's important to remember that it's not just the amount of time you spend studying or the number of practice questions that you do that matters -- it's the quality of your studying, and how much you learn from each practice session, that will make the difference. Check out this post for details about that:

I work for Magoosh, and so of course believe that the Magoosh program (which includes specific 3 and 6 month study schedules) is one of the best options :-) However, Manhattan GMAT materials are also very good, as well as the resources directly from GMAC, such as the Official Guide to the GMAT. Here are our reviews for those, and a few other resources:

I hope some of that's helpful! :-)
-Carolyn

Magoosh Test Prep

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 02:53
MagooshExpert wrote:
sshar wrote:
Hello Everyone,
2.5 Years in India
2.5 Years in UK

Hi sshar!

I don't think I can answer all of your questions here, but I'm happy to give some advice! :-)

Unfortunately I am not familiar with European MBA programs and their application deadlines. However, in general, you should aim to take the GMAT about a month before the applications are due, because the scores take 20 days to be sent. You also need to wait at least 16 days before retaking the GMAT. So if you'd like to give yourself enough time to retake the test just in case, then you should schedule the exam at least five weeks before the application deadline. Once you decide which programs you'd like to apply to, the deadlines will be listed on the website. You can check the website of a few programs just to get a sense of when the average deadlines are, and plan your test date accordingly.

If you are looking for significant improvement from 550, then I'd recommend giving yourself at least 3-6 months to study. Of course, the actual amount of time you need will depend on many factors, such as how much time and effort you can put in each day, and how quickly you absorb the material. In general, it's important to remember that it's not just the amount of time you spend studying or the number of practice questions that you do that matters -- it's the quality of your studying, and how much you learn from each practice session, that will make the difference. Check out this post for details about that:

I work for Magoosh, and so of course believe that the Magoosh program (which includes specific 3 and 6 month study schedules) is one of the best options :-) However, Manhattan GMAT materials are also very good, as well as the resources directly from GMAC, such as the Official Guide to the GMAT. Here are our reviews for those, and a few other resources:

-Carolyn

Thank you, this really helps.

Director
Director
B
Affiliations: GMATQuantum

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 07:14
Top Contributor
Hi sshar,

Here are my answers in brief:

1) Take the GMAT well before you need to start working on your applications. I would wrap it up before May or June.

2) You will need about three months or so, less if you are highly structured and motivated. However, the best way to find out is to start your preparation and see at what pace you make improvements.

3) Stick with official GMAT guides and official GMAT resources. It is absolutely important that you spend your valuable and finite time on official GMAT questions, which will allow you to get a handle on the style and structure of the GMAT. You will only understand the relevance of this statement after you are done with your GMAT preparation.

Best wishes,
Dabral
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
S

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2018, 17:16
sshar wrote:
MagooshExpert wrote:
sshar wrote:
Hello Everyone,
2.5 Years in India
2.5 Years in UK

Hi sshar!

-Carolyn

Thank you, this really helps.

Awesome! Glad to help :-)

Magoosh Test Prep

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Suggestions required for study material &nbs [#permalink] 28 Jan 2018, 17:16

Suggestions required for study material

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap