GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 12:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Sustainability Consulting?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Sustainability Consulting?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 04:06
Hi guys,

I am planning to apply in the coming Fall for the class of 2017.

I am interested in a new and upcoming field in consulting - sustainability.

After weeks of research, I could barely find any sustainability consulting firms recruiting at the top b-schools in the US as well as Europe. GreenOrder is one such firm which recruits at a very select few schools in the US.

If anyone has good knowledge about this field, would you please let me know which other firms can I target in my B-schools applications. Also, are there any additional background/educational requirements to get into this field post MBA?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Re: Sustainability Consulting?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 07:50
CleanTech Group
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 09:18
SeeakingAdvice wrote:
CleanTech Group

Thanks for the reply, but cleantech and greenorder have merged together so it's basically the same thing.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 09:27
Sustainability groups at large consulting firms are very common and offer resources that more targeted firms can't. I'm not saying it's the right choice for you, but it's definitely one you should explore. Here are some links to get you started:

http://www.mckinsey.com/client_service/sustainability
http://www.bcg.com/expertise_impact/cap ... fault.aspx
http://www.bain.com/consulting-services ... ility.aspx

Similarly, if you Google "[b-school name] sustainability" you'll start to get a feel for each program's offerings in this space. Anecdotally, the Erb Institute at Michigan/Ross is top-notch and the most well-developed program I've come across.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 10:12
ankurq7 wrote:
SeeakingAdvice wrote:
CleanTech Group

Thanks for the reply, but cleantech and greenorder have merged together so it's basically the same thing.

Oh, thanks. I too am looking into sustainability although not necessarily consulting. I think Im more into strategy / operations at a company with sustainable focus (such as tesla or companies with emerging energy tech) but I am also keeping consulting on the table!

Maybe search around NetImpact's job guide / job profiles / job board too
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 18:40
brandon432 wrote:
Sustainability groups at large consulting firms are very common and offer resources that more targeted firms can't. I'm not saying it's the right choice for you, but it's definitely one you should explore. Here are some links to get you started:

http://www.mckinsey.com/client_service/sustainability
http://www.bcg.com/expertise_impact/cap ... fault.aspx
http://www.bain.com/consulting-services ... ility.aspx

Similarly, if you Google "[b-school name] sustainability" you'll start to get a feel for each program's offerings in this space. Anecdotally, the Erb Institute at Michigan/Ross is top-notch and the most well-developed program I've come across.

Thanks for the reply. From what I have heard, MBB recruit students for a generalist role. Even if I end up at MBB, there is no guarantee that I will get sustainability projects (depends on the particular firm, its office location, its other employees who are maybe better in this field, etc) Moreover, from what I know, sustainability projects at MBB are not that easy to come by. I will most definitely be given a different project if that ends up being the case. This is the reason I am focusing more on boutique firms that concentrate just on sustainability consulting.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 18:42
SeeakingAdvice wrote:
ankurq7 wrote:
SeeakingAdvice wrote:
CleanTech Group

Oh, thanks. I too am looking into sustainability although not necessarily consulting. I think Im more into strategy / operations at a company with sustainable focus (such as tesla or companies with emerging energy tech) but I am also keeping consulting on the table!

Maybe search around NetImpact's job guide / job profiles / job board too

Do you have an academic background / prior work ex related to clean tech, sustainability or environment?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2014, 02:26
Bumping thread. Anyone?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2014, 04:15
ankurq7 wrote:

Do you have an academic background / prior work ex related to clean tech, sustainability or environment?

Not really-- I volunteer at a non-profit that does conservation work in an attempt to gain some experience. I am also enrolled to do an online class on sustainability to try and learn a little more about issues / topics / sound like I have an understanding so I can engage others in conversation.

Honestly, I don't understand sustainability consulting.. it seems impractical. Green building/ energy efficient building consulting is done by LEED certified contractors. Development of green tech is done by engineers. Environmental impact studies are done by ecologist or biologist..What exactly is a sustainability consultant with an MBA even doing? That is why I decided the better approach is work for a company that can / has a mission to make a positive environmental impact in a classical business role.
Non-Human User
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 05:16
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: Sustainability Consulting? &nbs [#permalink] 10 Jul 2018, 05:16

Sustainability Consulting?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap