Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: IEEE, Net Impact, Invention Prize
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Sustainable Entrepreneurship
Schools:UW-Madison
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Sustainable/Green MBA [#permalink]
I am also interested in Bainbridge, Presidio, Dominican, and Bright Green/Alliant. None of these schools are listed amongst the business ranking, even the ranking related to the sustainable MBA and Corporate Social Responsibility. Any thoughts on that?

Beyond pinstipes and the MBA channel don't mention these schools....

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
kckrause wrote:
Hello,

What do you think of the newer sustainable MBA schools such as Bainbridge, Presidio (in SF), Dominica, Alliant (in SD), others mostly in Oregon, Washington, California and Vermont.

My background includes 14 years working in small business as an Engineer, 8 years as a Manager of 10 employees. I obtained my BS in Electrical Engineering from UW-Madison in 1995.

My primary interest in Grad School is making business more sustainable, after what happened in 2008 & our government bail out of a broken system I have no interest in working in an artificially propped up system.

Anyways, does anyone have advice on the best Sustainable/Green MBA/Grad school program for a 38 yo?

I have looked at the top schools: Berkeley, Stanford, UCLA etc. but the average age is below 30 yo & seem better for corporate people. At my age I am far more interested in starting a small Green Consulting Business with other experienced people in their 30's.

KC: Doesn't look like you have posted here recently, but I was wondering if you picked a school? I am also in my 30's and I am looking at Oregon schools (currently living in California), because of the cost and location (and I am interested in sustainability as well but it is not a focus). I am having trouble finding out information on any school not ranked, which is pretty much all of the Oregon schools. I looked at UCLA, but it's not for me. Don't want to waste my time in a program that is not challenging, but I really like Oregon, and I am ready to leave Cali. Just curious what you picked.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I joined the Presidio Graduate School program. So far it has been a great experience.
The school is in DT SF & meets only four 8 hour days a month. Otherwise everything is online and up to our teams to meet up once a week. This works out great for me, with a family living in LA.

Otherwise Oregon (OSU, Portland State) has some excellent programs.
The guides at Net Impact and Pinstripes are great resources...

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply and offer resources. I am looking at Portland State, but so far not too too impressed. I want to make sure I make the right decision, as going back to school in my 30s can not be a waste of time.

Good luck in SF!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
*edit*

Originally posted by radicalchange on 29 Apr 2010, 14:40.
Last edited by radicalchange on 08 Oct 2010, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am in the same boat. Married with a 1.5 yo, 39 yo & want/need to maximize my time.

I have found as in most of life, regardless of where you go to grad school (everyone is there because they want to, not just because their parents are forcing them), you can maximize your time by participating in anything/everything that interests you. In my first semester I am working with students & faculty on things that interest me beyond just reading & tests. :-D

Portland, SF & Seattle are hotbeds of sustainable/green everything. Whatever school you are in, you will meet a lot of like-minded people. This will be your future job or business or product...just meet as many people as you can and let it happen!

Good luck! 8-)
GMAT Club Bot