GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 23 Feb 2020, 00:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Taking GMAT while wearing.. sunglasses?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Taking GMAT while wearing.. sunglasses?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 12:39
Hi! Quick question.

I have a small medical problem with my eyes. The thing is called floaters, meaning that I have a lot of black spots floating on my eyesight.
It's much more visible when I look at white things (ex. snow, walls, books or computer screens), so I usually study wearing sunglasses which helps me to ignore those black spots. It's sometimes really hard to concentrate with those.

Last time I took GMAT I was kinda struggling with it. So the question, is it maybe possible to approach the exam wearing sunglasses?
Retired Moderator
V
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.64
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
CAT Tests
Taking GMAT while wearing.. sunglasses?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 20:36
It is better to raise the query officially to GMAC, and take written permission of the same. Also intimate the same to the GMAT centre well in advance to avoid any issue on the day of Exam. A slight hassle might affect the exam.

Please let us also know, about the permission granted by the GMAC.
Also you can post your query here to get response from official GMAT representative.

OfficialGMAT, kindly provide your views.

Regards
kyloxylo wrote:
Hi! Quick question.

I have a small medical problem with my eyes. The thing is called floaters, meaning that I have a lot of black spots floating on my eyesight.
It's much more visible when I look at white things (ex. snow, walls, books or computer screens), so I usually study wearing sunglasses which helps me to ignore those black spots. It's sometimes really hard to concentrate with those.

Last time I took GMAT I was kinda struggling with it. So the question, is it maybe possible to approach the exam wearing sunglasses?

V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Taking GMAT while wearing.. sunglasses?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 20:40
The rules do not prohibit glasses or sunglasses. The judgment call will strongly depend on the test administrator because they will have no clue and my guess would be that they would err on the safe side and say you can’t wear them unless you get a permission in writing from GMAC or a doctors note stating you need them. Which ever one is easier.... otherwise no guarantee you will be able to use them.

https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat/plan-for ... nter-rules

Posted from my mobile device
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2020, 10:53
Hi kyloxylo,

I agree that it would be helpful to reach out to the folks at GMAC. Have you been able to do so?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 10:52
Hi! Thanks for all the replies.

I got an email from GMAC that I have to fill the GMAT Exam Accommodation Request Form. I did it, but the only way to send it is by post or fax.. They don't accept email requests.
Ridiculous.
Anyway, I tried to use some internet proxy to send a fax but their fax number seems to be inactive. I also asked them via email if there is anything they can do in that situation, but no answer by far.

I can not send the request by post because it will take too much time to send some papers from Europe to US.

gmatbusters wrote:
Also you can post your query here to get response from official GMAT representative.

Thanks! Will do that!
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 10:54
Crazy!

Let me know if you want me to fax it over for you. Feel free to PM it and I will fax.

Posted from my mobile device
Re: Taking GMAT while wearing.. sunglasses?   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2020, 10:54

Taking GMAT while wearing.. sunglasses?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep