GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Jul 2020, 05:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 May 2019
Posts: 21
Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2020, 19:48
1
3
Starting a new thread to discuss the Verbal version of Target Test Prep’s course.
They’re offering it free to current TTP Quant course takers. Just like their Quant course, their verbal course is pretty good too. Covers very basic concepts properly dumbed down for non native speakers as well. it only covers SC and CR for now.
_________________
"The cure to boredom is curiosity. There is no cure to curiosity"
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 00:27
Hi , I can't find the course on the web page . Is it available only for those who have signed up for quant and for for others??

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 00:36
thelion10 wrote:
Starting a new thread to discuss the Verbal version of Target Test Prep’s course.
They’re offering it free to current TTP Quant course takers. Just like their Quant course, their verbal course is pretty good too. Covers very basic concepts properly dumbed down for non native speakers as well. it only covers SC and CR for now.



Hi , I can't find the course on the web page . Is it available only for those who have signed up for quant and for for others??

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Dec 2019
Posts: 8
Premium Member
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 00:39
1
I’m pretty sure it’s only for existing customers. I signed up and I can see it.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 00:41
paducah wrote:
I’m pretty sure it’s only for existing customers. I signed up and I can see it.

Posted from my mobile device

Ohhh okay Thanks a lot for your reply. I think my account got expired , sometine back

How is the verbal course so far by the way??
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Dec 2019
Posts: 8
Premium Member
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 00:45
I haven’t tried it yet as I need to focus on quant. I‘d like to know as well.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 May 2019
Posts: 21
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 04:02
1
Its just like Quant. Very detailed, well dumbed down for teaching concepts. Great skill builder if you got the time.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
"The cure to boredom is curiosity. There is no cure to curiosity"
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Dec 2019
Posts: 8
Premium Member
Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2020, 01:48
2
I summed up an email that I received from Target Test Prep on April 23, 2020 concerning the pre-beta verbal course:
    - The rolling release of the verbal course has begun.
    - Adding the pre-beta verbal material to the study plan is optional.
    - You can use the pre-beta verbal material free of charge if you signed up for the quant course.
    - Currently available are Sentence Correction and Critical Reasoning including 345 practice questions.
    - Over the next weeks 500+ SC/CR questions will be added.
    - In the subsequent months Reading Comprehension will be added.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2020, 20:26
1
paducah wrote:
I summed up an email that I received from Target Test Prep on April 23, 2020 concerning the pre-beta verbal course:
    - The rolling release of the verbal course has begun.
    - Adding the pre-beta verbal material to the study plan is optional.
    - You can use the pre-beta verbal material free of charge if you signed up for the quant course.
    - Currently available are Sentence Correction and Critical Reasoning including 345 practice questions.
    - Over the next weeks 500+ SC/CR questions will be added.
    - In the subsequent months Reading Comprehension will be added.


Wow, its Amazing ,Its a good summary , looks like lot of exciting questions are coming our ways , lets gear up!!!
I loved the Quant course and cant wait to see what verbal has to offers.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 May 2019
Posts: 21
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 05:57
Anshurana wrote:
thelion10 wrote:
Starting a new thread to discuss the Verbal version of Target Test Prep’s course.
They’re offering it free to current TTP Quant course takers. Just like their Quant course, their verbal course is pretty good too. Covers very basic concepts properly dumbed down for non native speakers as well. it only covers SC and CR for now.



Hi , I can't find the course on the web page . Is it available only for those who have signed up for quant and for for others??

Posted from my mobile device


Hey yes, its currently FREE for their Quant users only!
_________________
"The cure to boredom is curiosity. There is no cure to curiosity"
Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
V
Status: Founder & CEO
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 11009
Location: United States (CA)
Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 Apr 2020, 08:40
paducah wrote:
I’m pretty sure it’s only for existing customers. I signed up and I can see it.

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Paducah,

That's great news. If you have any questions for us, feel free to reach out, OK?
_________________

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
225 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews


Originally posted by ScottTargetTestPrep on 28 Apr 2020, 07:26.
Last edited by ScottTargetTestPrep on 28 Apr 2020, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 07:35
Anshurana wrote:
paducah wrote:
I summed up an email that I received from Target Test Prep on April 23, 2020 concerning the pre-beta verbal course:
    - The rolling release of the verbal course has begun.
    - Adding the pre-beta verbal material to the study plan is optional.
    - You can use the pre-beta verbal material free of charge if you signed up for the quant course.
    - Currently available are Sentence Correction and Critical Reasoning including 345 practice questions.
    - Over the next weeks 500+ SC/CR questions will be added.
    - In the subsequent months Reading Comprehension will be added.


Wow, its Amazing ,Its a good summary , looks like lot of exciting questions are coming our ways , lets gear up!!!
I loved the Quant course and cant wait to see what verbal has to offers.



I have renewed my membership . I just finished assumptions from CR , it's really very good.I took few tips from the assumption , I will try to apply them in my questions now.
My assumptions section is weak in CR, I am going to practice few questions now.
I have 1 question from Scott or anyone here whoever can help me on this , how much percent of accuracy should I Target for especially in assumptions ??,
For sub 600 I have 90 percent of accuracy under 2 min.
But for 600-700 it's 60 to 70 percent with timing of 2:30 on avg.

Is percentage good or it should be more ??

Plz someone help me on this

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
D
Status: Chief Curriculum and Content Architect
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 758
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 08:16
1
Anshurana wrote:
I have 1 question from Scott or anyone here whoever can help me on this , how much percent of accuracy should I Target for especially in assumptions ??,
For sub 600 I have 90 percent of accuracy under 2 min.
But for 600-700 it's 60 to 70 percent with timing of 2:30 on avg.

Is percentage good or it should be more ??

Plz someone help me on this

That percentage sounds a little low, but whether you need for it to be higher depends on your score goal.

Another thing to consider is that, probably, you would be better off not worrying about the time much at this point. You wlll likely get better results by first achieving high percentages correct, such as 85 to 100 percent, untimed. Then, once you can get 85 to 100 percent correct untimed, seek to speed up. You have to learn to execute well and see what's going on, and you won't likely do so in 2:30 per question. Take 15 minutes for each question, or longer, whatever you have to take in order to carefully study the questions and consider the logical relationships between the passages and the answer choices.
_________________

Marty Murray

Chief Curriculum and Content Architect

Marty@TargetTestPrep.com
225 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 26 Sep 2016
Posts: 37
Location: India
GMAT 1: 580 Q48 V19
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 09:45
1
Hi Every one ,

I am currently a subscriber of target Test Prep Flex Course and want to share my experience of target Test Prep 's course content.

I will definitely recommend to GMAT aspirants Not only their Quant but also currently being added Verbal course.
This course is the one i have been looking for. I have completed Assumptions module recently and now i am 100% confident to tackle any level of assumption question. This is my experince so far.

Thanks to MartyTargetTestPrep and ScottTargetTestPrep for their real time clarifications of my doubts.

Raju
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 09:51
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Anshurana wrote:
I have 1 question from Scott or anyone here whoever can help me on this , how much percent of accuracy should I Target for especially in assumptions ??,
For sub 600 I have 90 percent of accuracy under 2 min.
But for 600-700 it's 60 to 70 percent with timing of 2:30 on avg.

Is percentage good or it should be more ??

Plz someone help me on this

That percentage sounds a little low, but whether you need for it to be higher depends on your score goal.

Another thing to consider is that, probably, you would be better off not worrying about the time much at this point. You wlll likely get better results by first achieving high percentages correct, such as 85 to 100 percent, untimed. Then, once you can get 85 to 100 percent correct untimed, seek to speed up. You have to learn to execute well and see what's going on, and you won't likely do so in 2:30 per question. Take 15 minutes for each question, or longer, whatever you have to take in order to carefully study the questions and consider the logical relationships between the passages and the answer choices.


Thanks Marty , I aiming for 35 + score in verbal .
I am really bad in RCs even though I understand them well , but always choose the trap answers ( even while choosing the answer.
That's 1 most important reason I am not aiming for a very high score in verbal because I don't even know if I will be able to solve RC properly .It's frustrating

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 26 Sep 2016
Posts: 37
Location: India
GMAT 1: 580 Q48 V19
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 10:15
Anshurana
I m not an expert, but i suggest that you go through How to increase your accuracy module in TTP course. It is working for me now. I hope it will work for you too.
Whn u answer RC Passages, you slow down and note down the reasons why you are rejecting the options, and when u compare those notes with OAs, you try to contemplate on why ur reasoning differs from the reasoning in OA.
Is it due to careless, not comprehending, or u didnt did dig deep enough to tackle high difficulty level questions?
Doing so will definitely increase your confidence.
U will certainly get over that for sure.

Raju
Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
D
Status: Chief Curriculum and Content Architect
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 758
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 Apr 2020, 10:31
1
Anshurana wrote:
Thanks Marty , I aiming for 35 + score in verbal .
I am really bad in RCs even though I understand them well , but always choose the trap answers ( even while choosing the answer.
That's 1 most important reason I am not aiming for a very high score in verbal because I don't even know if I will be able to solve RC properly .It's frustrating

I'm sure that you can master RC, and yes, learning to tell the difference between trap choices and correct answers is going to be key.

To accomplish that aim, as Raju suggested, slow way down in your RC practice and analyze the choices to see how the test-creators make the trap choices look correct and the correct answers look incorrect. For instance, the trap choices may use words that match the words used in the passage while the correct answers may use words that are quite different from those used in the passage but mean the same thing.

For instance:

    Passage uses: clock that is solar powered

    Trap Choice uses: clock that is solar powered

    Correct Answer uses: timepiece the energy source of which is rays of light

You could see that wording in the correct answer and decide not to even read it. :lol:

You have to notice what the question-writers are up to!

We discuss in some detail the differences between trap choices and correct answers in our CR chapters in TTP Verbal, and much of what's discussed there applies to RC as well. So, you could seek to apply concepts presented in the CR chapters in RC. (Our RC chapters are coming later.)
_________________

Marty Murray

Chief Curriculum and Content Architect

Marty@TargetTestPrep.com
225 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews


Originally posted by MartyTargetTestPrep on 28 Apr 2020, 10:18.
Last edited by MartyTargetTestPrep on 28 Apr 2020, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 10:31
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Anshurana wrote:
Thanks Marty , I aiming for 35 + score in verbal .
I am really bad in RCs even though I understand them well , but always choose the trap answers ( even while choosing the answer.
That's 1 most important reason I am not aiming for a very high score in verbal because I don't even know if I will be able to solve RC properly .It's frustrating

I'm sure that you can master RC, and yes, learning to tell the difference between trap choices and correct answers is going to be key.

To accomplish that aim, as Raju suggested, slow way down in your RC practice and analyze the choices to see how the test-creators make the trap choices look correct and the correct answers look incorrect. For instance, the trap choices may use words that match the words used in the passage while the correct answers may use words that are quite different from those used in the passage but mean the same thing.

For instance:

    Passage uses: clock that is solar powered

    Trap Choice uses: clock that is solar powered

    Correct Answer uses: timepiece the energy source of which is rays of light

You could see that wording in the correct answer and decide not to even read it. :x

You have to notice what the question-writers are up to!

We discuss in some detail the differences between trap choices and correct answers in our CR chapters in TTP Verbal, and much of what's discussed there applies to RC as well. So, you could seek to apply concepts presented in the CR chapters in RC. (Our RC chapters are coming later.)



As you said Marty, I fall for the wordings from passage or sometimes I miss that simple twist in the word
which change the meaning of the entire sentence.

1 more thing let's say passage is asking ....
The primary purpose of the passage is to :
Explain 2 definitions.
Discuss 2 definitions
Show contrast in 2 definitions.


Now when I have to choose the answer I will end up choosing explain 2 definitions
But right answer will be
Discuss 2 definitions.

I try to be more careful to not to repeat the same mistake in next passage but sometimes being too careful about it makes me choose the wrong one.

Timings of RC ... M not even thinking as of now ... Because I haven't even achieved accuracy :cry: :cry: ?

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
D
Status: Chief Curriculum and Content Architect
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 758
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 29 Apr 2020, 04:49
Anshurana wrote:
I try to be more careful to not to repeat the same mistake in next passage but sometimes being too careful about it makes me choose the wrong one.

You have to learn to see exactly what's going on. Don't worry about being too careful. If you really see what's going on, you're set, regardless of the nature of your approach. Seek to see what's going on. Being careful will only help, IF you are intent on seeing clearly what's going on. Be relentless.
_________________

Marty Murray

Chief Curriculum and Content Architect

Marty@TargetTestPrep.com
225 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews


Originally posted by MartyTargetTestPrep on 28 Apr 2020, 10:35.
Last edited by MartyTargetTestPrep on 29 Apr 2020, 04:49, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 10:45
1
gvvsnraju@12 wrote:
Anshurana
I m not an expert, but i suggest that you go through How to increase your accuracy module in TTP course. It is working for me now. I hope it will work for you too.
Whn u answer RC Passages, you slow down and note down the reasons why you are rejecting the options, and when u compare those notes with OAs, you try to contemplate on why ur reasoning differs from the reasoning in OA.
Is it due to careless, not comprehending, or u didnt did dig deep enough to tackle high difficulty level questions?
Doing so will definitely increase your confidence.
U will certainly get over that for sure.

Raju



Thanks for the reply
I have completed quant long back with all modules related test.
But I got very demotivated because of my verbal , I am comfortable with CR and SC ( might not be expert) I got 28 ( verbal)in mocks. I got so overwhelmed that I left GMAT preparation.
I have started again and don't want to give up this time.
Assumptions are weaker part for me whenever I read assumptions question my brain will say ur answer will be wrong .... assumptions are very difficult and all sort of things ....
I am Fighting my fears ... My dear of assumptions questions and RCs

1 very important thing I have started with subject verb module from TTP .Can't even describe how GOOD it is. I have read Manhattan SC, Egmat in past.
Nothing is so wholesome as TTP verbal SC, the practice questions with every topic is upto GMAT level.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review   [#permalink] 28 Apr 2020, 10:45

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 30 posts ] 

Target Test Prep Verbal per-beta release Review

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne