Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: HBS(2+2) '26
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Terrible online GMAT experience [#permalink]
got730butwant760 wrote:
cannolicookie wrote:
As someone who has taken the online GMAT once before with a smooth experience, I was hoping luck would be on my side again but instead, I ended up extremely frustrated during my second attempt today after having prepared and put in effort for so long.

It took me an hour to actually get in to the test because my first laptop (Mac) was not opening the secure browser at all, despite the fact that I had taken the online GMAT on this same laptop last time. I have no idea why I was not able to open the secure browser and a message saying that "Safari cannot verify this app" kept popping up, and the only options were to "move to trash" or "cancel". After one hour and a switch to a second laptop (Windows), I was FINALLY able to get into the secure browser to take the exam. But the technical difficulties only continued.

After every single question, whenever I clicked next, the test refused to let me through and it continued to lag before going to the next question. This happened every single time, with me having to wait 2 minutes to continue to every question on the test. Not to mention, the time it took to load was being taken away from my test time. Then suddenly, the test shut down and I had to log back in. I kept going but then a dialog box popped up saying "ESSecure Browser is not responding" and at that point, I was just done. There were technical difficulties every step of the way, and I have read so many debriefs about people having terrible experiences with taking the test online. I don't know why these issues with the secure browser have still not been resolved.

I ended up canceling my exam in the middle of only my first section, and will be reaching out to GMAC to reschedule another attempt.

Happened to me as well. 2 minute lag between questions. You have more patience than I do; I quit after the second question lol. Contacted GMAC support for refund. They took awhile to respond but they were helpful when they did. I can give you the email that worked if you like. Also know that if you plan to take the exam at a testing center, there is NO 16 DAY WAIT PERIOD. You could take the online test one day and the in person the very next day. Hope this was helpful. I understand how frustrating this experience is - I've been through it.

got730butwant760 It's terrible that we both had to go through this. I tried my best to be patient but ultimately it was just not working out and frustrating-- I should have quit sooner like you did haha. I actually did end up scheduling an in-person exam for this week, and hopefully it all goes well. I would love a copy of the email you sent to GMAC if you don't mind-- thank you so much for your help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I’m sorry you had to go through this, I did too today…

The program didn’t work and took me and the proctor 45 mins to figure out and it was because I had external monitor (my laptop was closed), and they never said you can’t, I did it last time in December 2020.

Then I was like ok let me take off the monitor, then they were like sign back on later then, then I was scrambling un plugging the monitor.

Then I logged back on and the proctor disconnected and I had to contact GMAT and they sent me a new proctor.

Didn’t start my exam until 90 mins after

Then my first 8 min break it glitched and skipped my break (they said I clicked skip) so it started counting down my next section

Then second break, I have to call the proctor before I leave the desk, she answered after 4 mins…

To top things off everything was so laggy so submitting my answers has like a 5-10 sec delays on many questions…

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Itscindys wrote:
I’m sorry you had to go through this, I did too today…

The program didn’t work and took me and the proctor 45 mins to figure out and it was because I had external monitor (my laptop was closed), and they never said you can’t, I did it last time in December 2020.

Then I was like ok let me take off the monitor, then they were like sign back on later then, then I was scrambling un plugging the monitor.

Then I logged back on and the proctor disconnected and I had to contact GMAT and they sent me a new proctor.

Didn’t start my exam until 90 mins after

Then my first 8 min break it glitched and skipped my break (they said I clicked skip) so it started counting down my next section

Then second break, I have to call the proctor before I leave the desk, she answered after 4 mins…

To top things off everything was so laggy so submitting my answers has like a 5-10 sec delays on many questions…

Posted from my mobile device

Oh no, it sucks that you went through this. It gets so frustrating especially during a test where you need to remain focused and calm. I hope things get resolved for you and best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts