GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Mar 2019, 16:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Test Centers Switzerland: which one to choose?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: EMLYON
Test Centers Switzerland: which one to choose?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2013, 14:15
Hi all,

I am planning to take my test in the upcoming months in Switzerland.

Does anyone have any experience regarding the different test centers available in the country, namely Lausanne ISEIG, Zürich Helidux, St. Gallen Uni?..
I know all test centers are supposedly all testing in the same conditions yet we all know that the truth is out there..:)

Any tips and pointers regarding centers welcomed!

Thanks & regards,

A
Intern
Intern
Test Centers Switzerland: which one to choose?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 09:47
I can only speak for one of the test centres: Zürich Helidux.

I’ve never had a worse testing experience before. Surely the other two would be better.

There was a technical fault with the ID process which lead to the start time of the exam being delayed by around 2 hours. I was asked to wait in a room for this time, not knowing if or when I would be able to take the test. The main admin staffer there was incredibly unprofessional under the circumstances.

To add to the termoil, breaks require you to raise your hand and wait for the staffer. On both breaks she didn’t come at all. I had to eventually get up and leave myself. That chews away your break time. Also there is no way of knowing exactly how long of your break is left, which is rediculous given the time-sensitiveness of the test. You can’t keep track because you’re not allowed a watch. You’re not allowed to stay in the room, so you can’t watch the clock on the screen count down either, and you can forget about the staffer keeping track.

I’m not sure about you but when I meet someone, who only gives me reasons to think they are incompetent, and they then asks me to trust their “feeling” for time, I’m far from inclined to so.

I know this might not be exactly what you were looking for in an answer but in any case I would avoid Helidux at all costs.

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Test Centers Switzerland: which one to choose?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 10:57
improbable wrote:
I can only speak for one of the test centres: Zürich Helidux.

I’ve never had a worse testing experience before. Surely the other two would be better.

There was a technical fault with the ID process which lead to the start time of the exam being delayed by around 2 hours. I was asked to wait in a room for this time, not knowing if or when I would be able to take the test. The main admin staffer there was incredibly unprofessional under the circumstances.

To add to the termoil, breaks require you to raise your hand and wait for the staffer. On both breaks she didn’t come at all. I had to eventually get up and leave myself. That chews away your break time. Also there is no way of knowing exactly how long of your break is left, which is rediculous given the time-sensitiveness of the test. You can’t keep track because you’re not allowed a watch. You’re not allowed to stay in the room, so you can’t watch the clock on the screen count down either, and you can forget about the staffer keeping track.

I’m not sure about you but when I meet someone, who only gives me reasons to think they are incompetent, and they then asks me to trust their “feeling” for time, I’m far from inclined to so.

I know this might not be exactly what you were looking for in an answer but in any case I would avoid Helidux at all costs.
The original post is from 2013, but I'm sure your post will help others looking to take the exam at the center you mentioned.

When did you take this exam? What you described would make you eligible for a free retake (if you want one).
Re: Test Centers Switzerland: which one to choose?   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2019, 10:57

Test Centers Switzerland: which one to choose?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap