GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Aug 2020, 17:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Test centre GMAT notepad or whiteboard?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Test centre GMAT notepad or whiteboard?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 14:03
Hello! I have booked for a test centre GMAT exam in London and wanted to double check if there a physical notepad and pen can be used as opposed to online white board for working out answers?

Any advice would be helpful, as I have not practised at all with online whiteboard and just had the realisation I might have made a huge mistake and am now panicking!

Thanks in anticipation!

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Test centre GMAT notepad or whiteboard?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 14:05
Test center exams are same as before. You will have an erasable set of sheets and a marker. You will also be able to use ear plugs. Bring your own mask though!

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 14:13
Thank you for your very swift and reassuring reply! 🙏🏾🙏🏾

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 14:15
You are ver welcome :-)

You can watch this video if you want to see what your expectations should be for a test-cetner based GMAT after COVID-19. This person took the test in Arizona after the test centers opened:

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 15:56
Hi PriyaLon,

BB brings up an important point: since you've going to taking your Official GMAT at a Testing Facility, you will want to make as many aspects of how you take your practice CATs/mocks match-up with what you will face on Test Day (including taking the FULL EXAM - with the Essay and IR sections, taking your CATs at the same time of day as your Official GMAT, etc.). That also includes wearing a mask throughout the Exam (which you may or may not have been doing so far during your training).

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When is your Official Test Date?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
LBS Moderator
P
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Test centre GMAT notepad or whiteboard?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 21:08
I gave the gmat at Holborn centre and had a pleasant experience - this was however pre-covid in January. If you have any specific questions about the centre let me know, otherwise I would stick with the expert's advice above.
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 17:29
Since you will be in a test center you’ll be able to use a dry erase notepad as opposed to the online whiteboard, so you can rest easy:).

Also, although I’m not sure of your actual test date, if you need any general advice regarding your study plan, feel free to reach out.

250 REVIEWS

5-STAR RATED ONLINE GMAT QUANT SELF STUDY COURSE

NOW WITH GMAT VERBAL (BETA)

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

Manager
Manager
B
Status: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary
GPA: 3.95
WE: Accounting (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 08:10
AnirudhaS wrote:
I gave the gmat at Holborn centre and had a pleasant experience - this was however pre-covid in January. If you have any specific questions about the centre let me know, otherwise I would stick with the expert's advice above.

Is the pen they gave you like this one? --> https://www.amazon.com/Staedtler-Lumocolor-Non-permanent-Superfine-0-4mm/dp/B000SHP18G#customerReviews
LBS Moderator
P
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 11:58
Genoa2000 wrote:
AnirudhaS wrote:

Is the pen they gave you like this one? --> https://www.amazon.com/Staedtler-Lumocolor-Non-permanent-Superfine-0-4mm/dp/B000SHP18G#customerReviews

good question. I don't remember if it was 0.4 mm. Guess it was a bit thicker than this but that is just an estimation.

Okay I was really tensed and I don't really remember to be honest, but I do remember that it was thick because I was taking a lot of space to write. And that worried me. I had to change the booklet once during my quants as I ran out of pages (8-10 laminated pages).

This is just from memory but the tip is closest to this item - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0822RNVW9/re ... NrPXRydWU=

Hope this helps, sorry I can only remember this much.
Manager
Manager
B
Status: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary
GPA: 3.95
WE: Accounting (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 12:08
AnirudhaS wrote:
Genoa2000 wrote:
AnirudhaS wrote:

good question. I don't remember if it was 0.4 mm. Guess it was a bit thicker than this but that is just an estimation.

Okay I was really tensed and I don't really remember to be honest, but I do remember that it was thick because I was taking a lot of space to write. And that worried me. I had to change the booklet once during my quants as I ran out of pages (8-10 laminated pages).

This is just from memory but the tip is closest to this item - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0822RNVW9/re ... NrPXRydWU=

Thank you very much! I will try to do mock tests with this type of pen.
LBS Moderator
P
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 12:34
Genoa2000 wrote:
AnirudhaS wrote:
Genoa2000 wrote:
AnirudhaS wrote:

Thank you very much! I will try to do mock tests with this type of pen.

Hope that I've recalled the type of pen correctly, really don't want to misguide anyone. I was quite tensed the day of the test.

The only other thing I recall about the pen is that the invigilator told me that the pen dries up if kept uncapped for long. So she advised to put the cap back on when not in use. Also as far as I remember I was given 2 pens, in case one stops working.

They also provide noise cancelling ear-buds such as these ones - https://www.amazon.co.uk/20-pairs-3M-Cl ... ore&sr=1-5
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Test centre GMAT notepad or whiteboard?   [#permalink] 07 Jul 2020, 12:34

Test centre GMAT notepad or whiteboard?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep