Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Re: Test questions on real gmat [#permalink]
Good Lord! 51/47 on the first try?! Stop studying and schedule the exam. That's the only sound advice I can give you.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
kevincan wrote:
The software does not have experimental questions.

Kevincan, can you elaborate on this?
Why would GMATPrep not have experimental questions or is GMAC trying to hide the algorithm?

gmatgonti - I hope you are not messing with us.
51, 47 is equivalent of 790 (out of 800 possible) - not sure who in their sane life could get a score like that right off the bat - can you post your photo? :wink:

The official test has 20-30% of experimental questions that will not count, but I would never base your score based on the number of questions you miss since that score will be very different if those are questions in the beginning/middle/end or if they are experimental. Your score is fantastic the way it is.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Guys,
Apologize if you mistook my attempt at gprep to be my first attempt. No it is not my first time on gprep exam. I am preparing for GMAT for the past few months (actually on and off for a year now). I took GPREP the third time (first time 690 did not even finish the exam as I could not manage time, second time 750 ).
I was toying with the software since that is closest to the realone and wanted to get used to the UI and experience since I have the real one in 2 weeks. I have been doing and redoing it few times.
And wanted to get 800 :) atleast in the prep so that it can build my confidence but its really really tough. Again i am not talking on 800 on the real one but on gprep.
Sorry for any confusion.

Also, one more thing i observed is that I took the powerprep (pre gprep version) and it has experimental questions. At the end of the exam I could see that quite a few were not even counted to the score.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
This makes more sense.
Though I was really thrilled to finally hear from a person who would have scored 790 or 800 without ever taking a practice test. I will keep waiting. :)

You may also take a look at this thread: gmat-scoring-algorithm-my-observations-28493.html as it goes over some of the algorithms people think are behind the GMAT.
GMAT Club Bot