Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: The Critical Stage of My GMAT Journey. Need Your Support! [#permalink]
What I did today (Day 3):
1- Watched "Reading Comprehension: Short Passages & Miscellaneous Question Types" from Thursday with Ron (1:38:12 :P) Took a lot of notes as usual (4 pages :-D)
2- Finished chapter 4 (Long Passages) in the Reading Comprehension Guide (MGMAT)

Felt I could do better today! Back to the plan, tomorrow should be the last day allocated for Reading Comprehension! Though I'm planning to extend this period 5 additional days (total of 9 days). Planning to study as following:
1- Day 4: Thursday with Ron "Reading Comprehension: A Trick for Finding the Main Idea" + Ch 6 (Question Analysis - MGMAT)
2- Day 5: Thursday with Ron "Reading Comprehension: Inference & Suggestion Questions" + Ch 7 (Passages & Problem Sets)
3- Day 6: Thursday with Ron "Reading Comprehension: More on inference & suggestion questions" + Start with OG13
4- Day 7: OG
5- Day 8: OG
6- Day 9: OG

N.B. still not sure about how much will I spent on each question when starting to solve in the OG
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sunday September 9 (Day 4):
1- Thursday with Ron “Reading Comprehension: A Trick for Finding the Main Idea” (1 hr)
2- Read MGMAT chapter 5 (the seven strategies)

Monday September 10 (Day 5):
1- Thursday with Ron “Reading Comprehension: Inference & Suggestion Questions” (1 hr)
2- Thursday with Ron “Reading Comprehension: More on inference & suggestion questions” (1 hr 30 min)
3- Summarized the points I’ve learnt till now regarding RC
4- Created a list of vocabulary that I didn’t know as I noticed such deficiency affected my understanding a lot

Tuesday September 11 (Day 6): Not satisfied!!!
1. MGMAT chapter 6 (Question Analysis)
2. MGMAT chapter 7 (Passages & Problem Sets) did 2/7 passages only

Wednesday September 12 (Day 7): Not satisfied!!! Again :P
1. Completed MGMAT chapter 7 (Passages & Problem Sets) did the remaining 5 passages

Today Thursday September 13 (Day 8): Planning to COMPENSATE :D
1. Fast revision of MGMAT chapter 7 (Passages & Problem Sets)
2. Start with the OG. Goal: solve first 50 Q (approx) though I think I can solve more than that :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thursday September 13 (Day 7): Definitely unacceptable!!!
1. MGMAT chapter 7 (Passages & Problem Sets): Revision
2. OG13: 10 Questions only! That’s embarrassing! I thought you said you can solve more than 50 :P

Friday September 14 (Day 8): Could have done better. Maybe 50 instead of 30
1. OG13: Questions 11-41. I'm not sure if that is normal, but it took me almost 3-3.5 hours to solve them! Am I slower than usual? Regarding answering, I don't think so! It took me 5 mins to read the passage on page 382 - Q37: 79 sec - Q38: 54 sec - Q39: 40 sec - Q40: 82 sec (only one wrong) - Q41: 73 sec. As for the correction! Yes it's taking me a lot of time, rereading the passage, trying to answer the question again, go thoroughly through the explanation, compare between answer choice especially those that confused me.

I'm solving in the OG in chunks of 3 (3 passages at once) should I increase them to 5?

I noticed additional thing, vocabulary is giving me a hard time! Now if the context was clear, then no problem at all even if I didn't know the exact meaning! But if the context wasn't clear!!!!!!!! Any thoughts?

Thoughts & Plans: My estimation for the time needed to cover the RC materials was almost accurate. But I wasted a lot of time! That must be dealt with! I’m aware now that sticking to the previous plan is impossible! Meaning that I won’t be ready by November 8! But I’m going to pretend that this is not true! Keeping psychological stress!

I still need 3 days for the RC (finishing OG) but I’m going to move to another section, SC! I’m excited to start!

I’m going to do my best finishing chapters 1,2, and 3 and solve the related OG questions.
GMAT Club Bot