It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 09:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Finish line (sort of)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 111

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm
The Finish line (sort of) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 19:13
I took the GMAT last summer.

I started updating my resume this July.

I started writing my essays in August.

In September a friend who went to Kellogg read my essays and tore them apart so I rewrote everything.

I submitted my R1 app to Ross 2 days before the deadline.
I submitted my R1 app to HBS 2 days before the deadline.
I submitted my R1 app to Kellogg 6 hours before the deadline.
I submitted my R1 app to Sloan 1 hour before the deadline (yesterday afternoon).

And now ... nothing.
No essay to write
No school to read up on.
No test to study for.

I got home from work yesterday and I cleaned my apartment. I broke out the PS2 and played guitar hero for the first time in 8 months. I went out and drank way too much on a Tuesday night(don't worry, I walked home). I browsed the web and I didn't have my long term career goals and my most significant leadership experience, or my more significant accomplishment, a lesson I learned from a mistake in the back of my head.

Nothing.

And its driving me nuts.
Maybe I should find a new hobby.
Or pick a random school for R2, just for the nostalgia.

:-D

Sorry, I had to vent.
_________________

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2007
Posts: 908

Kudos [?]: 95 [0], given: 15

Schools: Kellogg '10
Re: The Finish line (sort of) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 19:51
I bet you checked your email about 200 times in the last 3 hours though!
_________________

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 95 [0], given: 15

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 300

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Schools: Kellogg School of Management
Re: The Finish line (sort of) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 02:52
balki1867 wrote:
IMaybe I should find a new hobby.
Or pick a random school for R2, just for the nostalgia.


Do what I do.

work for 10 minutes. Check your e-mail. Go on Gmatclub. Check my school websites to make sure the status hasn't changed regardless of the fact that I did not receive an e-mail. Work for 20 minutes. Check your e-mail. Go on Gmatclub. Talk to a co-worker about how excited I am about B-School. Work for 20 minutes...

I think you get the hang of it:)

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1499

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Schools: NYU Stern '11
Re: The Finish line (sort of) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 03:32
Holy cow, it's almost as if I had written that post of yours Gil. This is exactly what I've been doing these past couple of months!

Gil wrote:
Do what I do.

work for 10 minutes. Check your e-mail. Go on Gmatclub. Check my school websites to make sure the status hasn't changed regardless of the fact that I did not receive an e-mail. Work for 20 minutes. Check your e-mail. Go on Gmatclub. Talk to a co-worker about how excited I am about B-School. Work for 20 minutes...

I think you get the hang of it:)

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 22

Joined: 31 Dec 1969

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Location: Russian Federation
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
GMAT 14: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: The Finish line (sort of) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 03:47
ahahahah I do the exact same thing! I think my coworkers and friends are about to kill me but I don't care!

Gil wrote:
balki1867 wrote:
IMaybe I should find a new hobby.
Or pick a random school for R2, just for the nostalgia.


Do what I do.

work for 10 minutes. Check your e-mail. Go on Gmatclub. Check my school websites to make sure the status hasn't changed regardless of the fact that I did not receive an e-mail. Work for 20 minutes. Check your e-mail. Go on Gmatclub. Talk to a co-worker about how excited I am about B-School. Work for 20 minutes...

I think you get the hang of it:)

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5926

Kudos [?]: 2193 [0], given: 7

Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
Re: The Finish line (sort of) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 05:49
Hah! This is just the beginning... wait until the day that decisions actually come out. You'll be absolutely useless at work.

Kudos [?]: 2193 [0], given: 7

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 652

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 16

Schools: Duke 2012
Re: The Finish line (sort of) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 06:06
You know, if you really miss it that much, I'd be willing to let you start my essays for next year :-D
_________________

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 16

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1437

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Re: The Finish line (sort of) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 06:16
balki1867 wrote:
I took the GMAT last summer.

I started updating my resume this July.

I started writing my essays in August.

In September a friend who went to Kellogg read my essays and tore them apart so I rewrote everything.

I submitted my R1 app to Ross 2 days before the deadline.
I submitted my R1 app to HBS 2 days before the deadline.
I submitted my R1 app to Kellogg 6 hours before the deadline.
I submitted my R1 app to Sloan 1 hour before the deadline (yesterday afternoon).

And now ... nothing.
No essay to write
No school to read up on.
No test to study for.

I got home from work yesterday and I cleaned my apartment. I broke out the PS2 and played guitar hero for the first time in 8 months. I went out and drank way too much on a Tuesday night(don't worry, I walked home). I browsed the web and I didn't have my long term career goals and my most significant leadership experience, or my more significant accomplishment, a lesson I learned from a mistake in the back of my head.

Nothing.

And its driving me nuts.
Maybe I should find a new hobby.
Or pick a random school for R2, just for the nostalgia.

:-D

Sorry, I had to vent.


it's not over yet!

you better stay ahead of the game and know your interview cold

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Re: The Finish line (sort of)   [#permalink] 30 Oct 2008, 06:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

The Finish line (sort of)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.