GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2019, 04:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

The high number of errors made by the company's data-entry operators i

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
SVP
SVP
V
Concentration: International Business, Operations
Schools: INSEAD Jan '19
GPA: 3.01
WE: Engineering (Real Estate)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
The high number of errors made by the company's data-entry operators i  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 09:20
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

55% (hard)

Question Stats:

62% (01:50) correct 38% (02:14) wrong based on 192 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

The high number of errors made by the company's data-entry operators is not the fault of the operators themselves. These operators should not be blamed for errors resulting from confusing or misreading entry commands; such errors occur, after all, because the programmers who designed the company's data-entry system did not consider the needs of its users.

Each one of the following statements about the data-entry program in question, if correct, would reinforce the author's claim EXCEPT:

a. Commands for different functions are initiated by entering dissimilar words.

b. Commands for different functions must be initiated by entering words identical to each other except for the use of capital and small letters.

c. The various charts within the program from which operators must obtain information appear on a computer screen at once, with no titles distinguishing one from another.

d. Operators must read numbers displayed on the screen in columns and rows of very small type.

e. Messages meant to inform the user of various entry options use a wide array of esoteric technical terms.

B
The high number of errors made by the company's data-entry operators i  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 08:21
The author's claim states that mistakes are not the fault of the operators but the program. The question stem asks us to find the one which doesn't support this claim.
So we can infer that we need to find one that states that it is the fault of the operators.

B, C, D, and E are all mistakes in the program.
A states that commands are given with dissimilar words, so the operators must have made mistakes. A is correct.
VP
VP
D
Re: The high number of errors made by the company's data-entry operators i  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2018, 11:02
The high number of errors made by the company's data-entry operators is not the fault of the operators themselves. These operators should not be blamed for errors resulting from confusing or misreading entry commands; such errors occur, after all, because the programmers who designed the company's data-entry system did not consider the needs of its users.

Each one of the following statements about the data-entry program in question, if correct, would reinforce the author's claim EXCEPT:

a. Commands for different functions are initiated by entering dissimilar words. ( this is a direct answer actually.)

b. Commands for different functions must be initiated by entering words identical to each other except for the use of capital and small letters. ( Sure it can cause confusion )

c. The various charts within the program from which operators must obtain information appear on a computer screen at once, with no titles distinguishing one from another. ( if it appears once i can only rememer first and the last letter :lol: so sure it can be a cause )

d. Operators must read numbers displayed on the screen in columns and rows of very small type. ( same here font size can be as small as mosquitos brain)

e. Messages meant to inform the user of various entry options use a wide array of esoteric technical terms. ( wide array of tech terms can lead to confusion)

EASY QUESTION FOR 700 L
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Re: The high number of errors made by the company's data-entry operators i  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 07:13
interesting question, though not hard enough for 700+
GMAT Club Bot
Re: The high number of errors made by the company's data-entry operators i   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2018, 07:13

The high number of errors made by the company's data-entry operators i

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics