GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 12:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Though Khyber Pass is free of landslides, there is so much difficulty

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Though Khyber Pass is free of landslides, there is so much difficulty  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 10:02
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

5% (low)

Question Stats:

81% (00:40) correct 19% (00:47) wrong based on 83 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Though Khyber Pass is free of landslides, there is so much difficulty in navigation that is considered a serious hazard in safety by most mountaineers.

A. there is so much difficulty in navigation that is considered a serious hazard in safety
B. it is so difficult to navigate that it is considered a serious safety hazard
C. so difficult is it to navigate as to be considered a serious safety hazard
D. such is its difficulty to navigate, it is considered a serious safety hazard
E. it is of such difficulty to navigate that is seriously considered a safety hazard

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Intern
Intern
B
Though Khyber Pass is free of landslides, there is so much difficulty  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 14:09
Can someone explain why the answer is B?

How would you explain the usages of it and it with precision? (their specific roles)

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: Though Khyber Pass is free of landslides, there is so much difficulty  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 00:21
Though Khyber Pass is free of landslides, there is so much difficulty in navigation that is considered a serious hazard in safety by most mountaineers.

A. "there" is "so much difficulty" in navigation "that is" considered a serious hazard in safety

C. "so difficult" "is it" to navigate "as to be" considered a serious safety hazard

D. "such is its difficulty to navigate", it is considered a serious safety hazard

E. "it is of such difficulty" to navigate "that is" seriously considered a safety hazard

I have marked the errors in each option in inverted commas.

I would go for option B.

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Though Khyber Pass is free of landslides, there is so much difficulty  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 07:07
Appreciate your input.

But still, my goal was to understand why the inverted commas are wrong. ex: "such is its difficulty to" navigate.
Indeed, it is but is there a specific grammatical reason?

Thanks,
Albert
Board of Directors
P
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 09:06
rohan2345 wrote:

A. there is so much difficulty in navigation that is considered a serious hazard in safety
C. so difficult is it to navigate as to be considered a serious safety hazard
D. such is its difficulty to navigate, it is considered a serious safety hazard
E. it is of such difficulty to navigate that is seriously considered a safety hazard

So X that Y is correct idiomatic usage, none but (B) is correct, hence correct answer Must be (B)

Thanks and Regards

Abhishek....

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES FOR POSTING IN QA AND VA FORUM AND USE SEARCH FUNCTION BEFORE POSTING NEW QUESTIONS

How to use Search Function in GMAT Club | Rules for Posting in QA forum | Writing Mathematical Formulas |Rules for Posting in VA forum | Request Expert's Reply ( VA Forum Only )

Re: Though Khyber Pass is free of landslides, there is so much difficulty &nbs [#permalink] 12 Mar 2018, 09:06

Though Khyber Pass is free of landslides, there is so much difficulty

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap