It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 00:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Timing issue in understanding complex logical paragraphs : any help ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Timing issue in understanding complex logical paragraphs : any help ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2017, 11:29
Hi
I m not a native speaker of English and while preparing i m facing two kinds of difficulties in verbal primarily.

1) I need to improve my speed in RC
This boils does to the fact that I need to improve my map-making ability by reading regularly some complicated materials which are challenging both rhetorically and logically.

2) I need to improve my speed in CR . Here inn getting many questions right , for example questions towards the end of OG 17 . But again understanding the stimuli , understanding the logic and understanding the scope of the answers to eliminate incorrect ones are taking a long time , and I m sure under time pressure I would solve them incorrectly.

So my basic objective is to improve the fast and correct comprehension of a complicated stimuli or a paragraph etc.

Do you have any suggestion for any English books or anything else that can help ? I have time of two months to take official exam. And in my practice tests I m getting always verbal scores of less than equal to 33. The majority factor I have found is wrong answers under time pressure which otherwise would have been correct. I want to improve on that desperately.

Ram

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Re: Timing issue in understanding complex logical paragraphs : any help ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2017, 11:40
Hi Ramukaka!

I would suggest you start reading articles on different topics.
Which you are umfamiliar with. Which will help you acquaint yourself with different type of compositions and topics, and help you become comfortable with then.

Cause reading speed, grasping and being able to be more focused and having more concentration level isn't achieved in a day!
You'd need to start this slow process to make it actually come out good.

And while you are reading through stuff, start doing paragraphs and questions too.
Soon you'd start getting it all together and be able to understand what is being said and what is happening.

Sent from my CP8298_I00 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Re: Timing issue in understanding complex logical paragraphs : any help ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2017, 12:59
Thanks a lot for your answer .. I m just bit worried about choosing arbitrary sources to read for having the fear of screwing up SC if I tune myself to awkwardly or not so gmat-stylistically written sentences. Nevertheless , Could anyone suggest me sources to read on following things.

1) logical paragraphs which I want to practise reading faster.

2) long passages which I want to practise comprehension under time pressure.

Bit desperate to improve and hence writing these.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Re: Timing issue in understanding complex logical paragraphs : any help ?   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2017, 12:59

Timing issue in understanding complex logical paragraphs : any help ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap