Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1106 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
zakk wrote:
overall pacing or identifying short cuts using number properties would be my only suggestion.

When you say "crushing" did you get every one right up to the 5 minute mark? Reviewing the test did you go into overtime on questions you still got wrong?

What I mean by crushing is getting practically everyone right.
I didn't go over 3min on any problem. But when I got to the last 8 on the Q section I had bout 5min left So i had to rush.

In rushing circumstances, my guess is to just see if I can do the problem. If I don't know how to approach it after 30sec. Educated guess and move on to a prob I will know how to solve.

Any thoughts.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
zakk wrote:
overall pacing or identifying short cuts using number properties would be my only suggestion.

When you say "crushing" did you get every one right up to the 5 minute mark? Reviewing the test did you go into overtime on questions you still got wrong?

What I mean by crushing is getting practically everyone right.
I didn't go over 3min on any problem. But when I got to the last 8 on the Q section I had bout 5min left So i had to rush.

In rushing circumstances, my guess is to just see if I can do the problem. If I don't know how to approach it after 30sec. Educated guess and move on to a prob I will know how to solve.

Any thoughts.

that's what I do. I think we all have a bit of pride in this. We know we can solve anything. We just need a bit more time! Unfortunately, time is the one thing we don't have a lot of when taking the test.

I am practicing finding what I know in 60 seconds. If I don't have a clear path and know what I'm shooting for at 61 seconds, its "B" for Bravery! (or Buffoonery, I don't know which yet)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have a similar problem and I'm not too sure what the best solution is.

If it is late in your study schedule, i think discipline will go a long way to ensure you give all the questions the time that they deserve.

It might be helpful to do a time check every 5 questions to ensure you have approx. 2 min for each remaining question. this should minimize any panicking during the last 10 mins
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
This is what i do [#permalink]
When I get to question number 20, I better have 35 min. left on time.
From question number 20-31, I tend to hit a wall in which questions get harder and more time consuming to think through. I usually take a little less than 3 min per question to ensure accuracy. Then, I guess the rest. I'm usually guessing 4 questions at the end and still can get a 45+.

If I blast through the exam and actually finish, I'd probably make enough careless errors.

I think losing accuracy hurts your score more than guessing a bunch of questions at the end.
GMAT Club Bot
This is what i do [#permalink]