GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 09:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

To get admission in ESSEC's MiM program.

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
To get admission in ESSEC's MiM program.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 21:20
I am from India and I would be applying to ESSEC's MiM for 2018 fall intake and my profile is : 312 in GRE, Two 2-month internships, A small e-commerce business which has been running for about a year, 7.2 cgpa(6th sem), I had been an active member of my college's robotics club and had participated and won in many competitions as well and later became a coordinator of the club. So keeping all these factors in mind, what are my chances of getting in?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Re: To get admission in ESSEC's MiM program.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2017, 00:42
Hi Shivam,

I got into the 2017 ESSEC intake. I would suggest you to work on your SOPs, essays, recommendations and cover letter. Try to emphasize on your learnings rather than simply citing them as achievements. They consider good applicants an based on what you have written, you have a fair chance. But yes, make your application strong. Cheers

Chinmay Khandalkar
VP
VP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2017, 09:25
Top Contributor
Shivam96 wrote:
I am from India and I would be applying to ESSEC's MiM for 2018 fall intake and my profile is : 312 in GRE, Two 2-month internships, A small e-commerce business which has been running for about a year, 7.2 cgpa(6th sem), I had been an active member of my college's robotics club and had participated and won in many competitions as well and later became a coordinator of the club. So keeping all these factors in mind, what are my chances of getting in?

Hi Shivam

You should stand a fair chance with those statistics. The e-commerce business part could be quite helpful, if highlighted on your app. Your CGPA and GRE are not the highest, so preparing cogent goals, highlighting the reasons for why you are applying to ESSEC, and how you are differentiated in the applicant pool will all help. You do have some time before ESSEC's next deadline (Oct 2017), so in case you feel you can retake the GRE, do so.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 12:03
There has been an exponential increase in the number of students applying for ESSEC from India. The one thing that ESSEC does value is uniqueness so being able to justify the same through your internships and extra curricular achievements will give you an edge. Instead of proving that you were a good engineer try focusing a bit more on why you could be a good manager.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 21:00
Okay thanks a lot ☺️

GMAT Club Bot
Re: To get admission in ESSEC's MiM program. &nbs [#permalink] 16 Jun 2017, 21:00

To get admission in ESSEC's MiM program.

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap