GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2019, 10:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

TOEFL EXPERIENCE

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
TOEFL EXPERIENCE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2015, 23:33
I am writing about the TOEFL exam merely as facts, though many people have problem with the test centers and the shifting of dates, because the company decided so.
The company PROMETRIC are moderators for the European region which work closely with TOEFL. However In many cases they don’t care for your exam registration after you payed and god help you if they change your date. It will be unknown when you will receive a valid date and/or even possible prepare for it. If you somehow manage to get the date you want in time for your enrolment procedure, dare not to choose iStudy Language School Sofia. The building is located in an apartment which is a Children Garden of some sorts and there were only one person in charge. That person failed to be a professional and started to look like bad parody of a film when she left the room and nearly didn’t return. Trying to be strict as possible following the policy of the test she insisted that we read and write the agreements, forbidding us any water or food for the 4 hours, which was a bit much considering it was hot summer. After all that she left the room with no concerns for us, leaving us only with the computers, pencil and 2 sheets of paper which supposedly she would change…..while not in the room. The computers had malfunction and it was hard for some of the other people. The test was normal except the part that stated: TOTAL AMOUNT OF ANSWERED QUESTIONS from the listening section. From all the practice tests I had taken none had SECOND PART after TOTAL AMOUNT OF ANSWERED QUESTIONS. Unfortunately TOTAL AMOUNT means only half amount in TOEFL because I was interrupted during my brake to come back and find that the test is still running. “Lucky” for me I missed the half passage from the SECOND TOTAL AMOUNT?!!!
Now for some personal opinions, major problem is that PROMETRIC will always blame TOEFL and they will repeat it backwards leading to waste of your time. The test giver was serious to the point of not being there, because god knows what they pay her for and for the love of god why Say TOTAL AMOUNT WHEN THEY MEAN HALF AMOUNT, WHY TOEFL!!?
And if you are wondering why I didn’t stay in my room after I finished the TOTAL AMOUNT I went to drink water because after the reading and listening section there is always a brake, but no one was there to tell me that this is not the case.
If you don’t mind to waste time and money you may enlist for TOELF other than that go for everything else. :|
GMAT Club Bot
TOEFL EXPERIENCE   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2015, 23:33

TOEFL EXPERIENCE

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass