GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 08 Apr 2020, 08:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

TOEFL Questions regarding Timeline, Materials and Tips

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
TOEFL Questions regarding Timeline, Materials and Tips  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2016, 11:45
Hey guys,

to start off my first post here: big thanks to everyone on this forum making valuable contributions that help other people do their best on the GMAT. I took the exam two weeks ago after a study period of nine weeks and got 710 (Q46/V41/IR8). Gmatclub really helped me improve during my study!

I think a little info about myself will give you some context answering my questions. I am from Germany, 22 years old and just finished my german undergraduate degree in business administration. During my studies I spent ten months studying abroad in an english speaking country and attended english courses at the university. Most of the information I consume in my everyday life is already in english and so are the movies and tv-shows that I watch. In addition to the GMAT I will need a TOEFL score above 100 for some of the masters programs I plan to apply for.

Now to my questions:

1) Given my background, what is a reasonable timeframe to study for a >100 score? I have read a lot of different things online ranging from 48 hours up to several years.

2) What materials do you recommend? From what I read so far, the official guide seems to be a must have? Which book is the right one? The normal one or the special iBT one? Can you recommend other Forums that focus specifically on the TOEFL?

3) How long does it take for the score to arrive at the chosen schools? It says up to six or more weeks on the official website in case the institution is located outside the United States. Is this really the case? Do you have any experiences with schools in Germany?

4) After you took the TOEFL: what tips do you have for me for a quick and effective preparation?

Thanks in advance for your help. I really appreciate it!

Best regards,
Daniel
GMAT Club Bot
TOEFL Questions regarding Timeline, Materials and Tips   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2016, 11:45

TOEFL Questions regarding Timeline, Materials and Tips

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass