GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 15:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Too much information. Don't know how/where to start.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '21
Too much information. Don't know how/where to start.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 12:24
I am Moyo from Nigeria.

I work in supply chains as a demand/supply planner (3 yrs), though I have a background in Pharmacy, which is not so much a discipline strong in quants.
I have taken the first GMAT Prep test and flunked it (470 Q35, V20). My target score is 700.
I am confused as to what approach to follow. The volume of information here is mind-numbing, like in terabytes.
Paid for e-GMAT online course, bought the OG 2016 and paid for my GMAT exam in exactly 105 days from today.

I am thinking to go through the OG to start with (Quants for 3 weeks, verbal 3 weeks), then start to polish the rough edges with the e-GMAT course.

I need help to navigate the quagmire.
I am just confused.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior PS Moderator
D
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Too much information. Don't know how/where to start.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 12:39
Hey mokarios, Welcome to the GMAT Club!

You can check out the study plans section to see if one of the study plans here - explore a little and see what suits you. Based on your GPrep scores it looks like you need to go through the basics and get up to speed on the quant and verbal basics. For quant, you can start off by going through E-GMAT (since you already have the subscription) and aid it by reading the appropriate topic in the quantitative mega thread here

For verbal, I would suggest you start by going through the E-GMAT verbal course and solve questions here on the forum. Do not solve a ton load of OG questions before you have your basics clear as these official questions are limited and you do not want to run out of these for later in your prep.

I would recommend you take the GPrep free exam #2 in a couple of weeks to keep a track of progress. 105 days is a lot of time to improve and you already know the amount of info available to go through :-) Better start early then wait till the end.

All the best!

Regards,
Gladi

mokarios wrote:
I am Moyo from Nigeria.

I work in supply chains as a demand/supply planner (3 yrs), though I have a background in Pharmacy, which is not so much a discipline strong in quants.
I have taken the first GMAT Prep test and flunked it (470 Q35, V20). My target score is 700.
I am confused as to what approach to follow. The volume of information here is mind-numbing, like in terabytes.
Paid for e-GMAT online course, bought the OG 2016 and paid for my GMAT exam in exactly 105 days from today.

I am thinking to go through the OG to start with (Quants for 3 weeks, verbal 3 weeks), then start to polish the rough edges with the e-GMAT course.

I need help to navigate the quagmire.
I am just confused.

Posted from my mobile device

“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back)
Senior PS Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 12:49
Also, one more useful trick would be to "follow" popular users of the club as they would be posting and commenting on interesting discussions. You can learn a lot by reading the explanations written by Experts who have written thousands of posts by merely following them and regularly checking notifications.

To follow, simply press the follow button appearing under the profile ( either to the left of the post or at the profile page)

Regards,
Gladi

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 21:12
OG questions are the gold questions. You certainly should start them after finishing the entire course of e-gmat and the scholaranium they provide. Also, Remember that you need to spend more time on reviewing the OG question and analyzing the pattern. It's also important that you give all six GMAT prep mock in actual GMAT condition and analyze your strengths and weaknesses while reviewing each mock. Goodluck :)

Sent from my SM-N960F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '21

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 04:07
Gladiator59 abhi007
I have done the OG diagnostic tests on the e-GMAT and got the following scores for Verbal: SC-44%, CR-53%, RC-82%.
and for Quant - Arithmetic - 59%, Algebra- 37%.
At crossroads on where to start. I think I should perfect my verbal, seeing as the 2 sections I am weakest are can/will yield to methodical strategies, unlike RC, which is where my strength seems to be.
I would appreciate your suggestions.
Senior PS Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 08:36
mokarios - I am unaware of the egmat accuracy levels but I would recommend you to do a basic overview of all the material and then appear for GMAC GPREP #1. It is one of two free tests provided by gmac.

For quant I would highly recommend the GMAT math book of GMAT club(which is available for PDF download! ) to see relevant topics and then going through the quantitative megathread. ( All these you can find as sticky topics in the quantitative forum - tag me if you are unable to find anything)

Both are absolutely free and have worked wonders for hundreds and thousands of students in the past.

For verbal egmat is the best and it would make sense to follow the course outlined by them on their website. Make sure you solve a lot of official guide questions once you become comfortable.

Last but not the least - make maximum use of this forum which offers tons of good practice and advice from experts. :-)

As always, feel free to tag or PM me.

All the best.

Regards,
Gladi

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Too much information. Don't know how/where to start.   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2018, 08:36

Too much information. Don't know how/where to start.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics