It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 16:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Top MBA Scholarships for Indian students in USA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 27 [2], given: 10

Top MBA Scholarships for Indian students in USA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 01:08
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

For Indians targeting an MBA from one of the top schools in USA , here is a piece of good news. Here are 9 options available to fund your dream MBA from one of the top 20 US B-schools. Out of US MBA scholarship options available for international students, we have listed here the scholarship options that are most suitable for Indians. However apart from these there are several other scholarships each school offers that are either need based, merit based, or based on an area of interest . There are several that are specifically awarded for advancing women in business (drop in a comment if you would like us to cover another post with MBA scholarship options for women). For several schools there is no separate criteria and each application is automatically evaluated for a chance of awarding a scholarship. So do checkout the “scholarships and fellowships” section of each school to be aware of all the possible options available.

Drafting applications for scholarships is also a time consuming process so the earlier you are aware of the options available the more time you get to write an effective application that increases your chances of winning a scholarship from your chosen school.

Here goes the list.

JN Tata Endowment for higher education of Indians
In reality this is a loan rather than a scholarship. The applicant needs to repay the loan within seven years of graduation. So then why is it getting featured here? Because the interest rate is just 2% and in some cases its even waived if the applicant repays on time. Quite a steal we must say. Loan amount ranges from Rs 1.5 lacs to Rs 6 lacs.

Columbia Business School - The Board of Overseers China & India Fellowships
These are awarded to incoming students who exhibit exceptional academic and professional promise.The Board of Overseers Fellowship awards students from both China & India each year and the funds are renewable for the second year.

University of Pennysylvania , Wharton - Emerging Economy Fellowships
Emerging Economy Fellowships are offered to support students from emerging economies throughout the world.

Chicago Booth :
The India Trust Fellowship - This merit-based fellowship is awarded to incoming students who live and work in India, at the time of admission to the Full-Time MBA Program, and are committed to advancing the interests of women in business. This award recognizes students with outstanding leadership, academic, and extracurricular achievements.

Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship - Students who receive the award will be designated Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellows in memory of the 1952 graduate of Chicago Booth. The fellowship is awarded to students whose primary home is in India at the time of admission. All admitted students who meet the criteria will automatically be considered

The Zonis Fellowship - The Zonis Fellowship is awarded to an international student from an emerging economy, demonstrating outstanding leadership, academic, and extracurricular achievements

More details here

Haas School of Business
Dr. Tahir Fellowships : Provided by the generosity of Dr. Dato' Sri Tahir. This scholarship for $40,000 is awarded to international students with a preference for those who completed their undergraduate education in Asia. The application process for this scholarship does not require a personal statement.

Yale School of Management
Chapman Scholarship : Established by Steven Chapman (Yale SOM Class of 1985), this general merit scholarship is awarded to MBA students at Yale SOM with a preference given to students from Africa, China, India, Russia, or the Commonwealth of Independent States.

Stanford Graduate School of Business
Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship : Standford GSB with a generous gift from Reliance Industries limited have created a scholarship fund of $150,000 approximately covering the full cost of tuition and associated fees for the 2 year MBA program for an Indian student who is in need for such financial assistance. More details here

Here is the full post http://applymba.co/blog/top-mba-scholarships-indian-students-usa-apply-mba-blog

ApplyMBA | Get expert help with your applications with a consultant of your choice and budget.
Click here to sign up for a free consultation

Download the free ApplyMBA Mobile App
Free app that helps you organize your MBA applications
With information on top 100 international MBA
Available for both Android and IOS. Search for ApplyMBA in the app stores

Kudos [?]: 27 [2], given: 10

Non-Human User

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: Top MBA Scholarships for Indian students in USA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 09:05
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Top MBA Scholarships for Indian students in USA   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2017, 09:05

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: aeropower, OasisGC, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap