GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 24 May 2018, 06:58

Happening NOW:

INSEAD Rolling Out R1 Admission Decisions - Join CHAT Room2 to Get Latest Updates from Fellow Applicants

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Top rated GMAT tutors/tutoring sites

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests
Top rated GMAT tutors/tutoring sites [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 18:51
Hi all!

I'm just starting with my GMAT preparations, and I'm thinking of keeping my options open by considering tutors and tutoring sites.

However, since I'm new at this, could you recommend some reliable and top-rated GMAT tutors (who offer online tutoring) and tutoring sites? who could guarantee a 700+ score?

Since my aim is to get accepted by top b schools in the world, I really need someone who could structure my thoughts and teach me the necessary techniques to crack the questions and I only have 3 months to do so.

I have done some research, however, as I mentioned, I'm just starting and I have no idea what's legit and what's not.

Thanks in advance!!
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 12:14
Ray101 – There are two options that you can take:
1. Take private tutoring from one of the GMAT Prep partners such as Veritas Prep or Manhattan Prep. Take a look at reviews for the same.
2. Contact independent verbal tutors active on this site – this would include people such as mcelroytutoring and ChiranjeevSingh

Just remember good private tutors start at $100/hr. They typically require that you take a minimum of 10 hr bundle.

Even before you get there, make sure that you decide on a target GMAT score. You target score depends on the schools that you are planning to apply to. To improve your chances of admission, you should aim to score at least the median score at your target school. For example, the median score for the class of 2015 for Wharton was 730.

Once you have a target GMAT score, get your target Quant and Target Verbal scores. Use a tool such as GMAT Planner for the same.
https://gmatplanner.e-gmat.com/

Lastly, understand how the exam works. Attend the GMAT Strategy Webinar this weekend for the same.
https://e-gmat.com/strategy-session-2/? ... ontent=GSB

Hope this helps!!

-Rajat

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
D
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: Top rated GMAT tutors/tutoring sites [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 21:17
Hi Ray101,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) Do you have an exact Test Date yet (and if so, then what is it?)?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
3) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Top Contributor
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 12:45
Top Contributor
Ray101 wrote:
Hi all!

I'm just starting with my GMAT preparations, and I'm thinking of keeping my options open by considering tutors and tutoring sites.

However, since I'm new at this, could you recommend some reliable and top-rated GMAT tutors (who offer online tutoring) and tutoring sites? who could guarantee a 700+ score?

Hi Ray101 ,

I offer a 700 score guarantee and online tutoring via Skype and other VOIP software. If you're interested, then contact me for more details.

-Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y8zh6qby Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Top rated GMAT tutors/tutoring sites   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2018, 12:45

Top rated GMAT tutors/tutoring sites

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap