Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Re: Top Tier US Universities [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi giovas9494,

If the target university states that they accept GMAT scores not older than five years, then trust that they are not trying to trick you into submitting a score they won't accept. I hope this helps.

Good luck!

giovas9494 wrote:
Hi,

I’m talking about gmat requirements. I’m planning on applying for an mba in 3/4 yrs but would like to take the gmat now as I’m not very busy with work within the next 6/7 months and think I’ll be able to manage the time to prepare for it. However, I’ve been told be a friend that you can only apply for MBAs by presenting gmat results that are not older than 2 years from the MBA application date. What I mean is that if I’ll take the test at the end of 2018 and apply for the mba in 2021, the test might not be accepted as too old. Is this true? I’ve never heard that before, but before starting to prepare i’d like to make sure schools accept results that fall within the 5 years (gmat expiry time). Thanks

Posted from my mobile device

7rf
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, I get to work with 3 to 4 year old scores almost every year. A lot of people sit on a GMAT score for a year or two before starting the applications. I have worked with many applicants who had applied in the last two consecutive cycles without any success, and they came to me in the third year.

Last year, I met someone I would call LAZY- I liked that that applicant and he was great to work with, but I had never met anyone with a 4.5 year old GMAT 770. He did not do round 2 for any school as his score was valid till December last year. He had a great application year with multiple admits and decent scholarships from US Top 10, 20 Ranked schools. ( Check this https://pythagurus.in/success-stories/ )

I would not recommend anyone to sit on a score for 4.5 years. However, if you think you will have serious time constraints later, take it now.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1751
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
giovas9494 wrote:
Hi,

I've been told to apply for an MBA at a top-tier American university, the GMAT should not be more than 2-years old. I know the GMAT result expires after 5 years.
Does anybody know a bit more about this?

GMAT scores are valid for 5 years.

If you are trying to decide when is the best time to take the GMAT in your application process, visit this page for a suggested timeline: https://aringo.com/ideal-timeline-for-mba-application/
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot