GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Mar 2019, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Top US B-School Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Top US B-School Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 15:05
i guys, just wanted to get your thoughts on my chances for top US b-schools:

Ethnic Background & Age: White male, 25

School: Top Canadian (Ivey/Queens)
GPA: 3.95/4.00 (90%), Top 10% of Graduating Glass
GMAT: 750

Work Experience: 4 years in corporate development (M&A) for a Big 3 Canadian telecom company. Promoted three times (Analyst, Manager, Senior Manager) and worked/closed several $100-$500MM+ deals. Extensive involvement with volunteer & NFP programs run by the organization.
-An individual who previously served in this role went to (Booth/Columbia/MIT)
References: Head of Corporate Development (25+ year industry veteran); CFO. Very well-written and supportive.

Extracurricular Involvement: - Founder/CEO of NFP dedicated to raising funds/awareness for a marginalized community. Raised over $150k+ funds, held annual events/challenges to raise funds & awareness (swimming across Lake, climbing mountain -- stuff along those lines).
-Alumni involvement. Involved in alumni organizations and mentorship of current university students. Spoke at my alma mater for students interested in F500/M&A/telecom careers. Expanded internship & new hire program to include more students from my alma mater.
-Assisted with the organization and execution of political campaign for a local candidate. Unsuccessful (did not win riding).
-University: Varsity athlete (not captain), ran my NFP, analyst on investment club, head of business school's student government (600+ students) VP Finance for a large club (500+ members)

Awards: Academic All-Canadian, NFP-related award, an award from work, few smaller accolades -- nothing major

Goals: Want to do corporate development/strategy at top U.S. TMT company (Google/Disney/21st Century Fox/)
Target Schools: HSB, GSB, Wharton, Booth, Columbia, Kellog, Sloan,

Please let me know what you think my chances are, thanks :)
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Top US B-School Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 15:37
I think your chances are extraordinarily strong, The right amount of work experience promotions, not sure about the quality of the work experience but it sounds promising. You would just need to have anecdotes that point to leadership team work in problem solving. Love that you also have a strong community profile that's a huge differentiator. emphasize the quantitative accomplishments in the community area on your resume along with the impact at work, of course. The only weakness I see here is a lack of international work experience or international shiz in general, but there's a lot to like. Hopefully you can articulate diversity and open mindedness in other ways. I think your gmat is on the mark, glad it isn't any lower but definitely works especially in combination with your grades. What you need to do now is really put together a compelling personal narrative that makes you likeable and relatable , that kind of helps develop that emotional bond with you. A hardship transformation type of story is often a way to do that but not the only way.

IveyMonkey wrote:
i guys, just wanted to get your thoughts on my chances for top US b-schools:

Ethnic Background & Age: White male, 25

School: Top Canadian (Ivey/Queens)
GPA: 3.95/4.00 (90%), Top 10% of Graduating Glass
GMAT: 750

Work Experience: 4 years in corporate development (M&A) for a Big 3 Canadian telecom company. Promoted three times (Analyst, Manager, Senior Manager) and worked/closed several $100-$500MM+ deals. Extensive involvement with volunteer & NFP programs run by the organization.
-An individual who previously served in this role went to (Booth/Columbia/MIT)
References: Head of Corporate Development (25+ year industry veteran); CFO. Very well-written and supportive.

Extracurricular Involvement: - Founder/CEO of NFP dedicated to raising funds/awareness for a marginalized community. Raised over $150k+ funds, held annual events/challenges to raise funds & awareness (swimming across Lake, climbing mountain -- stuff along those lines).
-Alumni involvement. Involved in alumni organizations and mentorship of current university students. Spoke at my alma mater for students interested in F500/M&A/telecom careers. Expanded internship & new hire program to include more students from my alma mater.
-Assisted with the organization and execution of political campaign for a local candidate. Unsuccessful (did not win riding).
-University: Varsity athlete (not captain), ran my NFP, analyst on investment club, head of business school's student government (600+ students) VP Finance for a large club (500+ members)

Awards: Academic All-Canadian, NFP-related award, an award from work, few smaller accolades -- nothing major

Goals: Want to do corporate development/strategy at top U.S. TMT company (Google/Disney/21st Century Fox/)
Target Schools: HSB, GSB, Wharton, Booth, Columbia, Kellog, Sloan,

Please let me know what you think my chances are, thanks :)

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Top US B-School Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 16 Jan 2019, 15:37

Top US B-School Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap